Game = naughty.

You may have heard of a game called The Suffering. Came out of nowhere last
year but has gotten 'bigged up' by several mags and seems to be a quality
game that a lot of people like. Well, at one stage it was heading down
towards budget levels in terms of pricing in Game, but now that it's become
an unexpected success they've bumped the price up again! Wankers.
5 answers Last reply
More about game naughty

    It's a great game if you like disturbing images. Fairly scary too.

    OnePunchMickey <fantantiddlyspan@hotmail.com> wrote in

    > You may have heard of a game called The Suffering. Came out
    > of nowhere last year but has gotten 'bigged up' by several
    > mags and seems to be a quality game that a lot of people
    > like. Well, at one stage it was heading down towards budget
    > levels in terms of pricing in Game, but now that it's
    > become an unexpected success they've bumped the price up
    > again! Wankers.

    £12.99 at Play.com if you can't wait for the £9.99 re-
    release.

    Lithurge wrote:
    > £12.99 at Play.com if you can't wait for the £9.99 re-
    > release.

    I still don't understand why anyone buys anything from GAME (except for 2nd
    hand console games, perhaps).

    --

    (O) e n o n e

    > You may have heard of a game called The Suffering. Came out of
    nowhere last
    > year but has gotten 'bigged up' by several mags and seems to be a
    quality
    > game that a lot of people like. Well, at one stage it was heading
    down
    > towards budget levels in terms of pricing in Game, but now that it's
    become
    > an unexpected success they've bumped the price up again! Wankers.

    It was a budget priced game for the PC anyway. It didn't really come
    out of nowhere, it was on the consoles first, and it gained popularity
    from people playing it. More than a few people must have bought and
    played it because a sequel is on the way this year. The graphics are
    not anywhere near Far Cry/Half Life 2/Doom 3 but they are good plus
    they are not intended to be totally realistic, more of a highly
    stylized caricature. The game controls are a little hard to get used
    to, it takes a good solid hour to start getting comfortable with them.
    It does have quite a rich story line and there is completion at the
    end, although not totally explaining everything with some unanswered
    questions, with a lot of sub twists, plots and characters. The bonus CD
    (can't remember if that came with every game)is pretty interesting
    itself, going into the real history of the prison and how it ties into
    the game. It is a very spooky game, very eerie and creepy and there is
    a whole lot of serious cussing. There is some console crossover but not
    anywhere near the worst examples. It was well worth the budget price
    and a real bargain at bargain bin prices.

    OnePunchMickey <fantantiddlyspan@hotmail.com> once tried to test me
    with:

    > You may have heard of a game called The Suffering. Came out of nowhere
    > last year but has gotten 'bigged up' by several mags and seems to be a
    > quality game that a lot of people like. Well, at one stage it was
    > heading down towards budget levels in terms of pricing in Game, but
    > now that it's become an unexpected success they've bumped the price up
    > again! Wankers.

    Played this game at E3 a couple of years ago. I thought it was pretty cool.
    I haven't bought it yet though, but it's on my "to get someday" list.

    Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.

PC gaming Games IBM Video Games