V525 ????????

How do i go about getting mp3s and games onto my v525 from my computer. I
have a bluetooth connection but do i need some sort of software from
Motorola.

Regards
John
4 answers Last reply
More about v525

    Yes, you do.

    Install the software for your bluetooth dongle.

    Don't use it to connect to the phone. If you haev already, then "unpair" the
    phone and stitch your phone off/on.

    Download the Motorola phone tools from www.motclub.com You will need
    versions 1.23 and versions 2.16 from the site. Install version 1.23 first
    .... then install 2.16 which brings you up to date.

    When you start the software you get a wizard to take you through connection.
    Use the "V500" when asked for the model type.

    That should sort you out.

    Be aware that MP3 files will eat up the space on your phone ... keep them
    down to 30 second samples ... you won't need anything longer for a ringtone
    .... I would suggest hunting around for good quality MIDI files, which are
    much, much smaller.

    Hope this helps.

    Need more info, you can email me on "sanderson at alden couk" (I'm sure
    you'll understand the format of my address)

    Cheers

    Sean

    "SA" <reply@group.com> wrote in message
    > Yes, you do.
    >
    > Install the software for your bluetooth dongle.
    >
    > Don't use it to connect to the phone. If you haev already, then "unpair"
    the
    > phone and stitch your phone off/on.
    >
    > Download the Motorola phone tools from www.motclub.com You will need
    > versions 1.23 and versions 2.16 from the site. Install version 1.23
    first
    > ... then install 2.16 which brings you up to date.
    >
    > When you start the software you get a wizard to take you through
    connection.
    > Use the "V500" when asked for the model type.
    >
    > That should sort you out.
    >
    > Be aware that MP3 files will eat up the space on your phone ... keep
    them
    > down to 30 second samples ... you won't need anything longer for a
    ringtone
    > ... I would suggest hunting around for good quality MIDI files, which
    are
    > much, much smaller.
    >
    > Hope this helps.
    >
    > Need more info, you can email me on "sanderson at alden couk" (I'm sure
    > you'll understand the format of my address)
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > Sean

    Thanks for the help Sean,
    Managed to download this and got it to work with no problems.
    Just looking for some free game and ringtone sites now.

    Cheers,

    John

    John wrote:
    > "SA" <reply@group.com> wrote in message
    > > Yes, you do.
    > >
    > > Install the software for your bluetooth dongle.
    > >
    > > Don't use it to connect to the phone. If you haev already, then
    > "unpair" the
    > > phone and stitch your phone off/on.
    > >
    > > Download the Motorola phone tools from www.motclub.com You will
    > need > versions 1.23 and versions 2.16 from the site. Install
    > version 1.23
    > first
    > > ... then install 2.16 which brings you up to date.
    > >
    > > When you start the software you get a wizard to take you through
    > connection.
    > > Use the "V500" when asked for the model type.
    > >
    > > That should sort you out.
    > >
    > > Be aware that MP3 files will eat up the space on your phone ...
    > keep them
    > > down to 30 second samples ... you won't need anything longer for a
    > ringtone
    > > ... I would suggest hunting around for good quality MIDI files,
    > which are
    > > much, much smaller.
    > >
    > > Hope this helps.
    > >
    > > Need more info, you can email me on "sanderson at alden couk"
    > (I'm sure > you'll understand the format of my address)
    > >
    > > Cheers
    > >
    > > Sean
    > >

    > Thanks for the help Sean,
    > Managed to download this and got it to work with no problems.
    > Just looking for some free game and ringtone sites now.
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > John

    www.motclub.com

    Free ringtones? ... thing of a song ... let's say "Queen's - We Will Rock
    You" ... just go to Google and enter the search. Put the artist and title in
    "quotes" and after that put the word "MIDI" (not in the quotes) like

    "Queen We Will Rock You" MIDI

    Download the MIDI file (have a listen) and when you get a good one ...
    Bluetooth it to your phone.

Motorola