V525 ????????

Tags:
Last response: in Brands
Share
April 23, 2004 3:14:02 PM

How do i go about getting mp3s and games onto my v525 from my computer. I
have a bluetooth connection but do i need some sort of software from
Motorola.

Regards
John

More about : v525

Anonymous
April 23, 2004 5:17:05 PM

Yes, you do.

Install the software for your bluetooth dongle.

Don't use it to connect to the phone. If you haev already, then "unpair" the
phone and stitch your phone off/on.

Download the Motorola phone tools from www.motclub.com You will need
versions 1.23 and versions 2.16 from the site. Install version 1.23 first
.... then install 2.16 which brings you up to date.

When you start the software you get a wizard to take you through connection.
Use the "V500" when asked for the model type.

That should sort you out.

Be aware that MP3 files will eat up the space on your phone ... keep them
down to 30 second samples ... you won't need anything longer for a ringtone
.... I would suggest hunting around for good quality MIDI files, which are
much, much smaller.

Hope this helps.

Need more info, you can email me on "sanderson at alden couk" (I'm sure
you'll understand the format of my address)

Cheers

Sean

"John" <lloyd02@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> How do i go about getting mp3s and games onto my v525 from my computer. I
> have a bluetooth connection but do i need some sort of software from
> Motorola.
>
> Regards
> John

April 24, 2004 2:24:34 PM

"SA" <reply@group.com> wrote in message
> Yes, you do.
>
> Install the software for your bluetooth dongle.
>
> Don't use it to connect to the phone. If you haev already, then "unpair"
the
> phone and stitch your phone off/on.
>
> Download the Motorola phone tools from www.motclub.com You will need
> versions 1.23 and versions 2.16 from the site. Install version 1.23
first
> ... then install 2.16 which brings you up to date.
>
> When you start the software you get a wizard to take you through
connection.
> Use the "V500" when asked for the model type.
>
> That should sort you out.
>
> Be aware that MP3 files will eat up the space on your phone ... keep
them
> down to 30 second samples ... you won't need anything longer for a
ringtone
> ... I would suggest hunting around for good quality MIDI files, which
are
> much, much smaller.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Need more info, you can email me on "sanderson at alden couk" (I'm sure
> you'll understand the format of my address)
>
> Cheers
>
> Sean

Thanks for the help Sean,
Managed to download this and got it to work with no problems.
Just looking for some free game and ringtone sites now.

Cheers,

John
April 24, 2004 2:49:20 PM

John wrote:
> "SA" <reply@group.com> wrote in message
> > Yes, you do.
> >
> > Install the software for your bluetooth dongle.
> >
> > Don't use it to connect to the phone. If you haev already, then
> "unpair" the
> > phone and stitch your phone off/on.
> >
> > Download the Motorola phone tools from www.motclub.com You will
> need > versions 1.23 and versions 2.16 from the site. Install
> version 1.23
> first
> > ... then install 2.16 which brings you up to date.
> >
> > When you start the software you get a wizard to take you through
> connection.
> > Use the "V500" when asked for the model type.
> >
> > That should sort you out.
> >
> > Be aware that MP3 files will eat up the space on your phone ...
> keep them
> > down to 30 second samples ... you won't need anything longer for a
> ringtone
> > ... I would suggest hunting around for good quality MIDI files,
> which are
> > much, much smaller.
> >
> > Hope this helps.
> >
> > Need more info, you can email me on "sanderson at alden couk"
> (I'm sure > you'll understand the format of my address)
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > Sean
> >

> Thanks for the help Sean,
> Managed to download this and got it to work with no problems.
> Just looking for some free game and ringtone sites now.
>
> Cheers,
>
> John

www.motclub.com
Anonymous
April 26, 2004 1:26:38 PM

Free ringtones? ... thing of a song ... let's say "Queen's - We Will Rock
You" ... just go to Google and enter the search. Put the artist and title in
"quotes" and after that put the word "MIDI" (not in the quotes) like

"Queen We Will Rock You" MIDI

Download the MIDI file (have a listen) and when you get a good one ...
Bluetooth it to your phone.
!