piano feel, being a guitar player. thanks in advance, mark
6 answers Last reply
More about keyboard players advice please

    On 2004-08-15, mark price <bit2werp@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
    > if you had to choose between the sl-88-, sl-990, or the m-audio pro 88,
    > which one would it be? i'm more concerned about the feel and action visavis
    > piano feel, being a guitar player. thanks in advance, mark

    I have not tried any of the Fatars. The Keystation Pro 88 felt awful to
    me (granted I was looking for more of a piano than synth feel), and I
    was turned off by the lack of response from M-Audio on simple pre-sale
    information.

    /Allan

    Allan Wind wrote:
    > On 2004-08-15, mark price <bit2werp@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
    >
    >>if you had to choose between the sl-88-, sl-990, or the m-audio pro 88,
    >>which one would it be? i'm more concerned about the feel and action visavis
    >>piano feel, being a guitar player. thanks in advance, mark
    >

    > I have not tried any of the Fatars. The Keystation Pro 88 felt awful to
    > me (granted I was looking for more of a piano than synth feel), and I
    > was turned off by the lack of response from M-Audio on simple pre-sale
    > information.
    >

    > /Allan

    You probably have tried the Fatar boards, they are in Alesis and many
    other brands.

    "mark price" <bit2werp@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    > if you had to choose between the sl-88-, sl-990, or the m-audio pro 88,
    > which one would it be? i'm more concerned about the feel and action
    visavis
    > piano feel, being a guitar player. thanks in advance, mark
    >
    > thankyou gentlemen, for your response, mark :)

    Don't pay attention to the yahoo that replied so rudely to you. He has
    made a total of 5 posts to this group including the one he made to you.
    I haven't a clue who the prick is but just to show you what a prick he
    is, here is the entire contribution from that prick to this group, in
    full with out edits, below:

    Hoo boy. Well, let me start by saying it's cool that you decided to
    check out
    this board. But really, this is a board for professionals, not the naive and
    ignorant beginner. Your question leads me to believe that you are from the
    latter group. I'm not saying you can't check out this board from time to
    time.
    But hey.. maybe you want to just lurk and not post. Not for a couple of
    years,
    anyway. I'm not trying to be rude, but most of the "regs" around here,
    myself
    included, just laugh at people like you. So instead of making somewhat silly
    inquiries, maybe you should just learn a few things first. But again, you're
    welcome to check out the board in a few more years. Thanks! And happy
    learning!

    Wow. That's quite a list you have there! Do you have anything that's not
    astronomically overpriced? Ha ha. I'm kidding, of course. But seriously,
    do you
    have any reasonable deals? If not, I'd suggest going to ebay to try and
    fleece
    a couple of idiots.

    Awsome replies, guys! It was really great to see you guys pitching in on a
    thread that obviously had no place here. To the original poster: Thanks
    for the
    laugh. But really this board is made for pro audio enthusiasts, and not
    keyboard inquiries. I guess *my* first clue would've been that the name
    of the
    newsgroup is rec.audio.pro. I don't really see "keyboard" anywhere in
    there. Do
    you, partner. Ha ha. I'm just kidding around in order to keep the tone
    light.
    But I don't ever want to see you post on this newsgroup again. It really
    irks
    me. Thanks man! Keep up the good work!

    Hey, great site man! You really seem to know your internet stuff!
    However, this
    isn't really the place to be posting such things. You know what I'm saying,
    right? Don't post here again. Thanks man!

    Ha ha. Yeah, it can be tough. What you want to try to do is to mix the drums
    correctly *before* you actually start recording them. I'm sorry, but what
    you're doing just sounds stupid. There are actually a couple of other
    newsgroups that are tailor-made for newbies and/or people that just seem to
    grasp the basics. Check out harmony central, and you'll be able to find a
    newsgroup more suited to your limited needs. We don't really deal with
    questions from people that have roommates and 2 track recorders here.
    Hope this
    helps. And good luck!

    In article <mKATc.6469$UG7.3885@newssvr29.news.prodigy.com>,
    "mark price" <bit2werp@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

    > if you had to choose between the sl-88-, sl-990, or the m-audio pro 88,
    > which one would it be? i'm more concerned about the feel and action visavis
    > piano feel, being a guitar player. thanks in advance, mark

    Try over in rec.music.makers.synth or rec.music.makers.piano. This NG
    probably isn't the best place to ask.

    --
    Eric Frampton, keyboards Atlanta, Georgia, USA
    http://www.ericframpton.com

    (remove the year from the email address above to get my real address)

    Awsome replies, guys! It was really great to see you guys pitching in on a
    thread that obviously had no place here. To the original poster: Thanks for the
    laugh. But really this board is made for pro audio enthusiasts, and not
    keyboard inquiries. I guess *my* first clue would've been that the name of the
    newsgroup is rec.audio.pro. I don't really see "keyboard" anywhere in there. Do
    you, partner. Ha ha. I'm just kidding around in order to keep the tone light.
    But I don't ever want to see you post on this newsgroup again. It really irks
    me. Thanks man! Keep up the good work!

Pro Audio Audio Keyboards