Sign in with
Your question

Weird network and internet issue.

Last response: in Wireless Networking
July 20, 2012 2:54:08 AM

Hello. I am having a very weird networking issue and I hope maybe someone can help. Here it is… My internet connection “hangs” after I do some general web and YouTube browsing. I mean that I can no longer access the internet as web pages don’t load. I restarted Firefox, I tried using IE, I tried updating and rolling back my wifi drivers, I tried the repair utility, I tried to disable and re-enable the wifi card, I tried disconnecting and reconnecting to my Wireless router, and I even power cycled my wifi router. Nothing works. The only solution is to restart the computer. Here’s the weird part… I am able to ping the router and other devices on my network. I can even do network printing. Also and strangely, torrents continue to download after the connection hangs. Does anyone have a solution to my problem? Thanks
July 20, 2012 5:31:32 AM

have you scanned the computer for malware?
m
l
July 20, 2012 12:57:06 PM

It might be the router settings problem.
Depending on the ISP routers can be different. I recommend you to check the IP-acceleration settings. Either it's disabled or enabled configure it to the opposite and the problem should be solved.
m
l
Related resources
July 20, 2012 3:39:10 PM

ErwinParker said:
It might be the router settings problem.
Depending on the ISP routers can be different. I recommend you to check the IP-acceleration settings. Either it's disabled or enabled configure it to the opposite and the problem should be solved.

Thanks for your reply Erwin. I'll follow your suggestion and post the results.
m
l
July 20, 2012 3:41:50 PM

Emerald said:
have you scanned the computer for malware?

Thanks for your reply. I've only done quick scans but I'll do a comprehensive scan. I'll be using MBAN. Is MBAN a good tool? Or is there a better AV I could use? Thanks.
m
l
!