BF2 Explosive Trailer

http://www.fileplanet.com/150977/150000/fileinfo/Battlefield-2---Explosive-Trailer

Wow!
More about explosive trailer

    news:cg8s2111n6ihnb6gbv5qhpe3he06l3leor@4ax.com...
    > http://www.fileplanet.com/150977/150000/fileinfo/Battlefield-2---Explosive-Trailer
    >
    > Wow!

    Wow is an understatement. I was assuming this would be another lame 'demo'.
    This was incredible, though!

    The should've titled it "Pecking Order": The Tank kills the Hummer... then
    the Apache kills theTank... then the Fighter Jet kills the Apache...
    Finally the SurfaceToAir takes down the Jet.

    Damn! There was no doubt BF2 is one of the most highly anticipated
    games of 2005, now even more so. Shhhh, don't tell anybody but you can
    go to http://www.filefront.com and click on the Videos menu item to the
    left for no-registration/no-wait video downloads as an alternative to
    fileplanet.

    BF2 look's like Joint Ops on steroids. ;)

    One of the gaming magazines has a preview of the game. They got to play it
    (not sure if it was Alpha, Beta,...gamma). One interesting feature was the
    Team Leader. He can call up satellite passes, or drones, and get
    video/photos of the battlefield which can then be used to pass on info to
    teammates or call in an artillery strike.

    I wonder if they're including a single player component to this game; and
    if so, how good it's going to be.

    Andrew wrote:
    > http://www.fileplanet.com/150977/150000/fileinfo/Battlefield-2---Explosive-Trailer
    >
    > Wow!

    WOW seconded.

    --
    I mean, you've been around a bit, you know, like, you've, uh... You've
    'done it'...

    In article <cg8s2111n6ihnb6gbv5qhpe3he06l3leor@4ax.com>,
    spamtrap@localhost. (Andrew) wrote:

    > Wow!

    Thanks for the link. I'm sure the sound effects will have been beefed up
    for the trailer, and that always helps overall impact, but that's still a
    very impressive bit of footage.

    Much though I enjoy serious flight & combat sims, the balance of gameplay
    and just enough hardware simulation in BF1942 always made me smile, and
    this looks very promising.

    Andrew McP

    On 11 Mar 2005 09:41:14 GMT, i own a yacht <me@privacy.net> wrote:

    >http://battlefield1942.filefront.com/file/BFCon_05_Footage;38809
    >
    >apparently that has in-game footage. downloading now.

    That shows a lot of the new features nicely, I am very much looking
    forward to BF2, but the Explosive trailer is much clearer, although it
    has been processed by the games replay feature.

    > On 11 Mar 2005 09:41:14 GMT, i own a yacht <me@privacy.net> wrote:
    >
    > >http://battlefield1942.filefront.com/file/BFCon_05_Footage;38809
    > >
    > >apparently that has in-game footage. downloading now.
    >
    > That shows a lot of the new features nicely, I am very much looking
    > forward to BF2, but the Explosive trailer is much clearer, although it
    > has been processed by the games replay feature.
    > --

    The clip make's it look like this game is going to be a frag fest. ;)
    Tanks blowing up. Enemy soldiers getting tossed into the air.

    I was wondering why anyone in an FA-18 would fly so low to attack ground
    troops? But I guess you got to get down low to spot the enemy. At least
    in this sim. I wonder what kind of avionics are available to the pilots in
    this game? Eyeball....

    On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 16:35:05 GMT, "OldDog" <OldDog@city.pound> wrote:

    >The clip make's it look like this game is going to be a frag fest. ;)
    >Tanks blowing up. Enemy soldiers getting tossed into the air.

    Like BF1942 then? Good.

    >I was wondering why anyone in an FA-18 would fly so low to attack ground
    >troops? But I guess you got to get down low to spot the enemy.

    I don't know how it works in the game, but in reality you fly low to
    avoid radar detection, to launch surprise attacks and generally scare
    the willies out of the enemy.

    "OldDog" <OldDog@city.pound> wrote in message

    > I was wondering why anyone in an FA-18 would fly so low to attack ground
    > troops? But I guess you got to get down low to spot the enemy.

    Some of the BF42 and BFV pilots are good enough to regularly take out troops
    by hitting them with their wings.

    > On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 16:35:05 GMT, "OldDog" <OldDog@city.pound> wrote:
    >
    > >The clip make's it look like this game is going to be a frag fest. ;)
    > >Tanks blowing up. Enemy soldiers getting tossed into the air.
    >
    > Like BF1942 then? Good.
    >
    > >I was wondering why anyone in an FA-18 would fly so low to attack ground
    > >troops? But I guess you got to get down low to spot the enemy.
    >
    > I don't know how it works in the game, but in reality you fly low to
    > avoid radar detection, to launch surprise attacks and generally scare
    > the willies out of the enemy.
    > --

    While that was the standard plan of attack prior to the Gulf War, pilots
    soon learned that it wasn't safe below 10,000 ft. During the early stages
    of the first Gulf War, pilots thought that by going low, they could hit the
    target and escape quickly. They soon found out otherwise. Have you read
    Strike Eagle or A10 Warthog? Both are excellent books on air combat during
    the first Gulf War.

    On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 18:59:16 GMT, "OldDog" <OldDog@city.pound> wrote:

    >While that was the standard plan of attack prior to the Gulf War, pilots
    >soon learned that it wasn't safe below 10,000 ft. During the early stages
    >of the first Gulf War, pilots thought that by going low, they could hit the
    >target and escape quickly. They soon found out otherwise. Have you read
    >Strike Eagle or A10 Warthog? Both are excellent books on air combat during
    >the first Gulf War.

    I guess standard procedure has changed since I last saw action in a
    jet fighter ;-)

    > On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 18:59:16 GMT, "OldDog" <OldDog@city.pound> wrote:
    >
    > >While that was the standard plan of attack prior to the Gulf War, pilots
    > >soon learned that it wasn't safe below 10,000 ft. During the early
    stages
    > >of the first Gulf War, pilots thought that by going low, they could hit
    the
    > >target and escape quickly. They soon found out otherwise. Have you read
    > >Strike Eagle or A10 Warthog? Both are excellent books on air combat
    during
    > >the first Gulf War.
    >
    > I guess standard procedure has changed since I last saw action in a
    > jet fighter ;-)

    When were you in?
    Did the USAF go back to low and fast?

    "Nonymous" <noham@nospam.com> wrote in message

    > "OldDog" <OldDog@city.pound> wrote in message
    >
    > > I was wondering why anyone in an FA-18 would fly so low to attack ground
    > > troops? But I guess you got to get down low to spot the enemy.
    >
    > Some of the BF42 and BFV pilots are good enough to regularly take out
    troops
    > by hitting them with their wings.

    Shave and a haircut, 2 bits.

    On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 00:31:26 GMT, "OldDog" <OldDog@city.pound> wrote:

    >> I guess standard procedure has changed since I last saw action in a
    >> jet fighter ;-)
    >
    >When were you in?

    I wasn't, note the smilie :-)

    > On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 00:31:26 GMT, "OldDog" <OldDog@city.pound> wrote:
    >
    > >> I guess standard procedure has changed since I last saw action in a
    > >> jet fighter ;-)
    > >
    > >When were you in?
    >
    > I wasn't, note the smilie :-)

    I did... but then I thought, "Maybe he's smiling cause it's been soooooo
    loooooong ago that he was in?" :)

    Oh, speaking of air combat, check out the A10 Warthog book; it's a great
    read. Here's one example. The A10 pilots got to Saudi Arabia and wanted
    to know at what height could they fly over the enemy troops without being
    heard? Since this info wasn't in any of the tech manuals, the pilots took
    off and started to fly over their fellow pilots. They kept raising their
    altitude until they were no longer heard.

    That became their min fly over for some combat missions.

    Or the time that the mission target planners walked in and handed them a
    SEAD mission and told them it was just going to be them; no Weasels for
    support.

    On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 20:40:06 GMT, "OldDog" <OldDog@city.pound> wrote:

    >Oh, speaking of air combat, check out the A10 Warthog book; it's a great
    >read. Here's one example. The A10 pilots got to Saudi Arabia and wanted
    >to know at what height could they fly over the enemy troops without being
    >heard? Since this info wasn't in any of the tech manuals, the pilots took
    >off and started to fly over their fellow pilots. They kept raising their
    >altitude until they were no longer heard.

    I really don't know much about this stuff, but aren't Warthogs the
    tank busters? I didn't think they were usually used at low level.

    My only relevant experience was when I was walking in the country
    about 6 months ago and two fighter jets came screaming over me at
    about 100ft and I only heard them coming about a second or two before
    they arrived.

    Andrew wrote:
    > On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 20:40:06 GMT, "OldDog" <OldDog@city.pound> wrote:
    >

    >>Oh, speaking of air combat, check out the A10 Warthog book; it's a great
    >>read. Here's one example. The A10 pilots got to Saudi Arabia and wanted
    >>to know at what height could they fly over the enemy troops without being
    >>heard? Since this info wasn't in any of the tech manuals, the pilots took
    >>off and started to fly over their fellow pilots. They kept raising their
    >>altitude until they were no longer heard.
    >

    > I really don't know much about this stuff, but aren't Warthogs the
    > tank busters? I didn't think they were usually used at low level.
    >
    > My only relevant experience was when I was walking in the country
    > about 6 months ago and two fighter jets came screaming over me at
    > about 100ft and I only heard them coming about a second or two before
    > they arrived.

    Sorry to butt in. M6 motorway in Cumbria, UK, goes through a steep
    valley. Driving through there recently and two jets come from behind
    and over my car hugging the terrain. Sound followed a second or two
    behind them. Scared me so much I damned near ran the car off the road.

    --
    I mean, you've been around a bit, you know, like, you've, uh... You've
    'done it'...
    What do you mean?
    Well, I mean like,... you've SLEPT, with a lady...
    Yes...
    What's it like?
  18. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    > On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 20:40:06 GMT, "OldDog" <OldDog@city.pound> wrote:
    >
    > >Oh, speaking of air combat, check out the A10 Warthog book; it's a great
    > >read. Here's one example. The A10 pilots got to Saudi Arabia and
    wanted
    > >to know at what height could they fly over the enemy troops without being
    > >heard? Since this info wasn't in any of the tech manuals, the pilots
    took
    > >off and started to fly over their fellow pilots. They kept raising
    their
    > >altitude until they were no longer heard.
    >
    > I really don't know much about this stuff, but aren't Warthogs the
    > tank busters? I didn't think they were usually used at low level.
    >
    > My only relevant experience was when I was walking in the country
    > about 6 months ago and two fighter jets came screaming over me at
    > about 100ft and I only heard them coming about a second or two before
    > they arrived.
    > --

    The A10 was orignal suppose to be used as close air support with the ground
    forces. And it was designed to fly high and drop bombs, or come in low and
    strafe enemy tanks with the 30mm GAU-8/A seven-barrel Gatling gun. This
    gun could open most tanks up like a tuna can.

    During the first Gulf War, the A10 pilots requested to be used along with
    the rest of the available aircraft. A good thing too since there were just
    too many targets out there. And the A10 become a
    multi-fighter-bomber-recon-SEAD-Scud Huntering.... badass plane.
  19. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 00:51:26 GMT, "OldDog" <OldDog@city.pound> wrote:

    >The A10 was orignal suppose to be used as close air support with the ground
    >forces. And it was designed to fly high and drop bombs, or come in low and
    >strafe enemy tanks with the 30mm GAU-8/A seven-barrel Gatling gun. This
    >gun could open most tanks up like a tuna can.

    That gun is mucho fun in Desert Combat!

    >During the first Gulf War, the A10 pilots requested to be used along with
    >the rest of the available aircraft. A good thing too since there were just
    >too many targets out there. And the A10 become a
    >multi-fighter-bomber-recon-SEAD-Scud Huntering.... badass plane.

    Thanks for the precis :-)

PC gaming World Of Warcraft Google Games IBM Video Games