Sign in with
Your question

Switched NIC - Can't connect to XBOX as an extender

Last response: in Networking
August 17, 2012 6:54:04 PM

I have a HTPC that I use to feed two XBOX extenders (all are hardwired, through a switch). I was using the onboard Realtek NIC, but having some stuttering issues for live and recorded TV feeds. I installed a new Intel NIC, but cannot get the Xboxs to connect back using that connection. Everything else is working (Internet, NAS drives, etc) with that card, only the Xbox extenders. I did delete the original connection and tried adding back as new, but have since had to revert back to the original NIC.

Anything that I'm not thinking of that I need to do/check?
August 17, 2012 8:46:03 PM

I'm confused, are you using the new NIC to replace the old NIC, or are you using the new NIC alongside the old NIC (i.e., both at the same time)?
m
l
August 17, 2012 9:42:43 PM

The former . . . I'm trying to replace the Realtek NIC with the Intel one
m
l
Related resources
August 18, 2012 2:14:52 AM

Well if you simply replaced one NIC with another NIC, and all other devices work fine except one, that's very odd. Doesn't make sense. Make sure you reboot all the devices and try again.
m
l
August 19, 2012 3:28:50 PM

Yeah . . driving myself crazy with this.

I've rebooted everything (PC, Xbox, router, switches) multiple times and still no joy. If I pull up the network map on the PC it can see the Xboxs when they're on. I just can't set up the connection as an extender.

I don't know if static IP addresses would cause any issues, but my HTPC (both old and new NIC), and Xboxs are all assigned a static IP.
m
l
!