Anyone Connected Moto v120c to Notebook PC via USB?

Last response: in Brands
Share
April 26, 2004 4:09:58 AM

Trying to connect Moto v120c cell phone to Notebook PC running Windows
98SE via USB so PC dials through cell to connect to Verizon #777
Internet access.

Have not been able to get PC to "see" the Moto cell connected via
cable assy. to USB. Partial success once but then PC wanted to install
Motorola v120c "driver" but could not fins in any software (have tried
various Motorola software including: TrueSync, True Sync Plus,TrueSync
Upgrade) containing any such driver.

Has anyone accomplished this; if so, please advise how you did it?

Thanks.

John
Anonymous
April 26, 2004 4:54:21 AM

Go to Motclub and download the drivers
http://www.motclub.com/down/driver/P2K_driver_2.3.zip

Have fun

"John" <aljon@no-spam_att.net> wrote in message
> Trying to connect Moto v120c cell phone to Notebook PC running Windows
> 98SE via USB so PC dials through cell to connect to Verizon #777
> Internet access.
>
> Have not been able to get PC to "see" the Moto cell connected via
> cable assy. to USB. Partial success once but then PC wanted to install
> Motorola v120c "driver" but could not fins in any software (have tried
> various Motorola software including: TrueSync, True Sync Plus,TrueSync
> Upgrade) containing any such driver.
>
> Has anyone accomplished this; if so, please advise how you did it?
>
> Thanks.
>

> John
April 26, 2004 4:17:01 PM

Well, PDA Man, I appreciate your input but I have already tried that
group of drivers. In fact, I have tried a whole bunch of driver
programs and "host" programs. Here is a list of programs I have tried
so far with no success:
USBSerial Converter.zip
USBModem.zip
MobilePhoneTools_216_US.exe
mmpt_1.23c_EN.zip
Q242004_98se-update.zip
SERMOT.zip
Motorola_USB_Modem_driver.zip
P2K_driver.zip
sync.zip
TrueSyncPlus.zip
taupgrade.zip - suggested by Motorola Customer Software support group
usb-device-driver.zip

As you can see the list is extensive. You will also note that I have
had (extensive) conversation with Moto Customer support along with
"try this" and 'try that", all to no avail.

I'm wondering if there isn't something "funny" about this IBM ThinkPad
600x model with regards to the USB port. I'm running Windows98SE which
is supposed to "support" USB 1.0 but I can't seem to find anything in
the IBM data about the USB port. Also I have a built-in modem which
seems to "hang-up" all of the (noted above) programs when they
"search" for the v120c phone connectsed via the USB port (the port
does chagrge the phone through the cabl assy (CA) but does not connect
it so i can dial out!)

Do you know of any utility program which i can "see" the USB port and
also identify what the applicable COM port (if there is one!)

So any other suggestions would be appreciated; any URL where info is
available is also welcomed.

Oh, BTW I can dial-out through another CA connected to the serial (COM
1) port so it WILL dial!

John

On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 00:54:21 -0400, "PDA Man" <pda@man.com> wrote:

>Go to Motclub and download the drivers
>http://www.motclub.com/down/driver/P2K_driver_2.3.zip
>
>Have fun
April 30, 2004 5:43:07 AM

> Well, PDA Man, I appreciate your input but I have already tried that
> group of drivers. In fact, I have tried a whole bunch of driver
> programs and "host" programs. Here is a list of programs I have tried
> so far with no success:
> USBSerial Converter.zip
> USBModem.zip
> MobilePhoneTools_216_US.exe
> mmpt_1.23c_EN.zip
> Q242004_98se-update.zip
> SERMOT.zip
> Motorola_USB_Modem_driver.zip
> P2K_driver.zip
> sync.zip
> TrueSyncPlus.zip
> taupgrade.zip - suggested by Motorola Customer Software support group
> usb-device-driver.zip
>
> As you can see the list is extensive. You will also note that I have
> had (extensive) conversation with Moto Customer support along with
> "try this" and 'try that", all to no avail.
>
> I'm wondering if there isn't something "funny" about this IBM ThinkPad
> 600x model with regards to the USB port. I'm running Windows98SE which
> is supposed to "support" USB 1.0 but I can't seem to find anything in
> the IBM data about the USB port. Also I have a built-in modem which
> seems to "hang-up" all of the (noted above) programs when they
> "search" for the v120c phone connectsed via the USB port (the port
> does chagrge the phone through the cabl assy (CA) but does not connect
> it so i can dial out!)
>
> Do you know of any utility program which i can "see" the USB port and
> also identify what the applicable COM port (if there is one!)
>
> So any other suggestions would be appreciated; any URL where info is
> available is also welcomed.
>
> Oh, BTW I can dial-out through another CA connected to the serial (COM
> 1) port so it WILL dial!
>

> John
>

> On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 00:54:21 -0400, "PDA Man" <pda@man.com> wrote:
>
> >Go to Motclub and download the drivers
> >http://www.motclub.com/down/driver/P2K_driver_2.3.zip
> >
> >Have fun

Are you sure that the v.120c will work like that? I use the v.120e and have
no problems. You may need a phone upgrade...
Anonymous
May 2, 2004 12:15:19 AM

"John" <aljon@no-spam_att.net> wrote in message
> Well, PDA Man, I appreciate your input but I have already tried that
> group of drivers. In fact, I have tried a whole bunch of driver
> programs and "host" programs. Here is a list of programs I have tried
> so far with no success:
> USBSerial Converter.zip
> USBModem.zip
> MobilePhoneTools_216_US.exe
> mmpt_1.23c_EN.zip
> Q242004_98se-update.zip
> SERMOT.zip
> Motorola_USB_Modem_driver.zip
> P2K_driver.zip
> sync.zip
> TrueSyncPlus.zip
> taupgrade.zip - suggested by Motorola Customer Software support group
> usb-device-driver.zip
>
> As you can see the list is extensive. You will also note that I have
> had (extensive) conversation with Moto Customer support along with
> "try this" and 'try that", all to no avail.
>
> I'm wondering if there isn't something "funny" about this IBM ThinkPad
> 600x model with regards to the USB port. I'm running Windows98SE which
> is supposed to "support" USB 1.0 but I can't seem to find anything in
> the IBM data about the USB port. Also I have a built-in modem which
> seems to "hang-up" all of the (noted above) programs when they
> "search" for the v120c phone connectsed via the USB port (the port
> does chagrge the phone through the cabl assy (CA) but does not connect
> it so i can dial out!)
>
> Do you know of any utility program which i can "see" the USB port and
> also identify what the applicable COM port (if there is one!)
>
> So any other suggestions would be appreciated; any URL where info is
> available is also welcomed.
>
> Oh, BTW I can dial-out through another CA connected to the serial (COM
> 1) port so it WILL dial!
>

> John
>

> On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 00:54:21 -0400, "PDA Man" <pda@man.com> wrote:
>
> >Go to Motclub and download the drivers
> >http://www.motclub.com/down/driver/P2K_driver_2.3.zip
> >
> >Have fun

You may need to try another phone, I had problems with the v120c, I got the
v120e and had no problems. It is used only as a modem and connects at 14.4k
so its useful in a pinch. It is on an IBM 380XD and Win98 SE.

!