Best source for Sennheiser headphone cables ?

Last response: in Home Audio
August 16, 2004 4:49:57 AM

Does anyone have a recommendation for a supplier of the thin, easily
fractured headphone cables used in the Sennheiser HD580/600 series ? I live
in Australia, so preferably mail order....and I'll probably order several
sets at once, judging by how flimsy their construction appears to be. The
"Achilles Heel" area seems to be near the connector socket at the earpiece
end...always !! Grrrrrr.....
Thanks,
Ray

---
August 16, 2004 7:09:12 PM

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 00:49:57 +0930, Ray Thomas <rthomas@chariot.net.au> wrote:
> Does anyone have a recommendation for a supplier of the thin, easily
> fractured headphone cables used in the Sennheiser HD580/600 series ? I live
> in Australia, so preferably mail order....and I'll probably order several
> sets at once, judging by how flimsy their construction appears to be. The
> "Achilles Heel" area seems to be near the connector socket at the earpiece
> end...always !! Grrrrrr.....
> Thanks,
> Ray

Why would you replace the cable with the same article, if you believe
that to be a weak point?

It should be simple enough to determine the wire gage and get something
with more stranding (more stranding is more flexibie) than what you have
now.
Anonymous
August 17, 2004 1:47:22 AM

The cables for the new HD 650 actually fits perfectly. This cable is much
stronger and probably has got new plugs too.

"Ray Thomas" <rthomas@chariot.net.au> skrev i melding
> Does anyone have a recommendation for a supplier of the thin, easily
> fractured headphone cables used in the Sennheiser HD580/600 series ? I
live
> in Australia, so preferably mail order....and I'll probably order several
> sets at once, judging by how flimsy their construction appears to be. The
> "Achilles Heel" area seems to be near the connector socket at the earpiece
> end...always !! Grrrrrr.....
> Thanks,
> Ray
>

> ---

August 17, 2004 5:23:54 AM

aaah yes Charles, but if you knew anything about the tiny connector plugs
involved here you would appreciate the futility of that path.....thanks
anyway for the suggestion !
Ray
----------------------
"U-CDK_CHARLES\Charles" <"Charles Krug"@cdksystems.com> wrote in message
> On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 00:49:57 +0930, Ray Thomas <rthomas@chariot.net.au>
wrote:
> > Does anyone have a recommendation for a supplier of the thin, easily
> > fractured headphone cables used in the Sennheiser HD580/600 series ? I
live
> > in Australia, so preferably mail order....and I'll probably order
several
> > sets at once, judging by how flimsy their construction appears to be.
The
> > "Achilles Heel" area seems to be near the connector socket at the
earpiece
> > end...always !! Grrrrrr.....
> > Thanks,
> > Ray
>

> Why would you replace the cable with the same article, if you believe
> that to be a weak point?
>
> It should be simple enough to determine the wire gage and get something
> with more stranding (more stranding is more flexibie) than what you have
> now.

---
August 17, 2004 5:23:55 AM

> Does anyone have a recommendation for a supplier of the thin, easily
> fractured headphone cables used in the Sennheiser HD580/600 series?

I've had lots of problems with the 580 cables, but it was with the plugs, not
the wire itself.

Sennheiser USA will replace the cables with ones having much better plugs, for a
nominal price. I don't know about Sennheiser OZ. Call 'em and ask.
!