Help please forgot password

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
Should ask the person you took the laptop from. I find it difficult to believe anyone could forget a password they use everyday. No one here can or will help you with bypassing any password it is against the ToS. Read them.
Should ask the person you took the laptop from. I find it difficult to believe anyone could forget a password they use everyday. No one here can or will help you with bypassing any password it is against the ToS. Read them.

Solution
Unfortunately the FORUM policies do not allow helping to bypass passwords --- Since there is no way of proving that the system you want to access is actually yours !! (anyone could come here and say the system is theirs and ask for help getting into it - so Tom's policy is just to make it against FORUM rules to provide any assistance to bypass them.

Did you create a password reset disk to use for this type of situation ??
Did you enter a helpful password hint that would help you remember the password ??
Did you register the laptop with ACER - so that they could verify it is your system and perhaps provide assistance in bypassing the password ?

If you did not do any of those then afraid we can not provide any further assistance.

badback007

Honorable
Apr 24, 2012
Thanks....its not stolen.....it is my sons laptop, that i myself purchased for him!!!!!!!!! He passed away a few months ago! Just now getting healed enough to look in the laptop!!! Thank you very much!! Your sarcasm is very well received!!

djscribbles

Honorable
Apr 6, 2012
A little harsh to flat out accuse the guy of being a theif don't you think guys?

I would suggest asking people you work with/know if they know someone who can help you; there are geeks everywhere, and most would be more than happy to help you out for little or nothing considering your circumstances.

Perhaps a bit harsh but unfortunately probably 90%+ of all I forgot my password posts are not from the owner of the system !! -- Most people are going to remember a system level password they themselves setup - and in those rare cases that it is actually the truth either a password reset disk they made or the password Hint they setup should remind them of what it was - so after awhile you get pretty harsh responding to the hundreds of threads asking to bypass a password - especially when it is a first time poster to the forum that made an account just to post for help getting into a system ! (which is why Tom's has put into place policies that deter giving help !)

Yea you Newcomers havn't been here long enough to catch on. Its easy to come in and try to fool the blind man but its not easy to fool the wise blind man. Read the forum rules. We don't support privacy breach or password breach. Neither do we support piracy or getting paid software codes for free

This doesn't make it any more believable. If you are ok with stealing, lieing isn't much of a stretch and being we can't confirm who you are in any way or if you are the true owner we can't/won't help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS