V600 Bluetooth seems to have quit

Last response: in Brands
Share
April 26, 2004 11:52:51 AM

I was connecting my V600 to my Palm T3 using bluetooth, and all was
fine. Then after a week, my Palm suddenly couldn't see the V600
anymore. I checked the V600 bluetooth settings to make sure it was
powered on, etc., tried to recreate the phonelink settings on the
Palm, but nothing worked. I assumed it was the Palm. Then today I
started over by deleting my previous phone link settings from the
Palm, and installed the latest phone link update. Using the phone
link setup, I immediately saw my friend's Nokia 3650, but not my V600.
I used the V600 "discover me" setting, etc., but could not get the
V600 to be seen by the Palm (which reliably sees the Nokia).

Has anyone had a similar experience, where V600 Bluetooth seems to
have quit?

Tony

More about : v600 bluetooth quit

April 27, 2004 11:19:55 AM

s081316@yahoo.com (Tony) wrote in message news:<949f2c15.0404260652.698bd3bb@posting.google.com>...
> I was connecting my V600 to my Palm T3 using bluetooth, and all was
> fine. Then after a week, my Palm suddenly couldn't see the V600
> anymore. I checked the V600 bluetooth settings to make sure it was
> powered on, etc., tried to recreate the phonelink settings on the
> Palm, but nothing worked. I assumed it was the Palm. Then today I
> started over by deleting my previous phone link settings from the
> Palm, and installed the latest phone link update. Using the phone
> link setup, I immediately saw my friend's Nokia 3650, but not my V600.
> I used the V600 "discover me" setting, etc., but could not get the
> V600 to be seen by the Palm (which reliably sees the Nokia).
>
> Has anyone had a similar experience, where V600 Bluetooth seems to
> have quit?
>
> Tony

Followup - I did a Settings->Initial Setup->Master Reset on the phone
(Motorola customer service gave me the security code to use). This
(as expected) reset all my personalization, but did not erase my
contacts/phonebook info. Bluetooth started working again - I
basically reestablished the connection using the Palm T3 phonelink,
and all works again.
Anonymous
May 11, 2004 7:24:41 AM

Where do you get the driver to connect the V600 to the Tungsten T3? Palm
says it is not available yet?

I've just (foolishly) ordered the phone only to find that I can't get
the driver for the phonelink, so please help!

Thanks

--
Jmak
http://cellphoneforums.netView this thread: http://cellphoneforums.net/t119660.html

Jmak <Jmak.163203@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote in message news:<Jmak.163203@nospam.cellphoneforums.net>...
> Where do you get the driver to connect the V600 to the Tungsten T3? Palm
> says it is not available yet?
>
> I've just (foolishly) ordered the phone only to find that I can't get
> the driver for the phonelink, so please help!
>
> Thanks

I used the Motorola TP280i driver that came pre-installed on the T3.
It seems to work OK with the V600.
!