No connection via Ethernet Cable

bogo663

Honorable
Jul 30, 2012
So I am trying to connect my desktop to my router via an Ethernet cable. When I plug the cable to my PC, it won't connect to my router. However when I plugged the cable to a laptop, it worked fine. I also went to check the Broadcom NetLink Gigabit Ethernet adapter in Device Manager and it has an error that says "This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)" Can anyone help?

Solution
1) Right click the Broadcom device in Device Manager and remove it (if it asks you to delete the driver software, click yes.)
2) From your laptop, go to your computer (or motherboard, if you build it) manufacturer's page and download the driver for the ethernet card.
3) Copy the downloaded EXE or ZIP file onto a flash drive or CD and then move it to your desktop
4) Run the EXE or the EXE inside the ZIP file and let it install the updated drivers.
5) Restart and provided I'm at least a little smart, it might work! If not, let me know and we'll try something else.

benji720

Honorable
May 24, 2012
1) Right click the Broadcom device in Device Manager and remove it (if it asks you to delete the driver software, click yes.)
2) From your laptop, go to your computer (or motherboard, if you build it) manufacturer's page and download the driver for the ethernet card.
3) Copy the downloaded EXE or ZIP file onto a flash drive or CD and then move it to your desktop
4) Run the EXE or the EXE inside the ZIP file and let it install the updated drivers.
5) Restart and provided I'm at least a little smart, it might work! If not, let me know and we'll try something else.

Solution