Co-op FPS games?

I'm looking for some good co-op FPS, either already out or
coming out soon. Anyone have some in mind? There seems to
be a lack of these in the market - I love working towards
a common goal in a FPS, but it's getting to the point where
I can't even recall the last co-op FPS I played.

Thanks,

--
It's always September somewhere on the 'net. | http://angui.sh
Another proud member of Eep's killfile. | Unix Sys. Admin.

Andrew

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 13:57:38 -0600, Matthew Hall <leareth@angui.sh>
wrote:

>I'm looking for some good co-op FPS, either already out or
>coming out soon. Anyone have some in mind? There seems to
>be a lack of these in the market - I love working towards
>a common goal in a FPS, but it's getting to the point where
>I can't even recall the last co-op FPS I played.

There have been a couple of threads in recent months that covers what
you are after.

Lou

"Matthew Hall" <leareth@angui.sh> wrote in message

> I'm looking for some good co-op FPS, either already out or
> coming out soon. Anyone have some in mind? There seems to
> be a lack of these in the market - I love working towards
> a common goal in a FPS, but it's getting to the point where
> I can't even recall the last co-op FPS I played.
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
> It's always September somewhere on the 'net. | http://angui.sh
> Another proud member of Eep's killfile. | Unix Sys. Admin.
> All projects approach the ghetto, some |
> faster than others. | matt@angui.sh

I currently like to play Joint Operations : Escalation expansion pack in
Co-op mode.
http://www.novalogic.com/games.asp?GameKey=JOE
The maps have a mission or goal to complete and you fight against the
"rebels" AI. The AI is fairly dumb but with some of the third party maps
they increased the AI's accuracy so they can be a challenge.

"Matthew Hall" <leareth@angui.sh> wrote in message

> I'm looking for some good co-op FPS, either already out or
> coming out soon. Anyone have some in mind? There seems to
> be a lack of these in the market - I love working towards
> a common goal in a FPS, but it's getting to the point where
> I can't even recall the last co-op FPS I played.
>
> Thanks,

This topic has been asked before, and several people provided some good Coop
games. You can do a Google search on Groups;
http://groups-beta.google.com/grphp?hl=en&tab=wg&q=

Enter something like: Coop FPS games.

Here's two hits that might help:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action/browse_thread/thread/6782cf56a35d5fd9/4daba6569e047aa4?q=coop+FPS+games#4daba6569e047aa4

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action/browse_thread/thread/97cd7571f1f45c79/bab80a997ae17efe?q=coop+FPS+games#bab80a997ae17ef

Here's the ultimate coop game information source:

http://shadowpanther.net/

Kaledin

Kaledin wrote:
> Here's the ultimate coop game information source:
>
> http://shadowpanther.net/

Link's broken (or down?).

--
best regards, mat
np: Napalm Death - Abbatoir

www.pdxshows.net

wrote:

>I'm looking for some good co-op FPS, either already out or
>coming out soon. Anyone have some in mind? There seems to
>be a lack of these in the market - I love working towards
>a common goal in a FPS, but it's getting to the point where
>I can't even recall the last co-op FPS I played.
>
>Thanks,

Swat3 currently out. Swat4 coming out soon. Splinter Cell:chaos theory
coming out soon. All have multiplayer co-op. There are demos out for
Swat4 and SC:ct

For older stuff there's quake2 or System Shock 2

Remove nospam_ to reply by email

Jeff H........

Lies, All lies. Don't believe a word Difool/sayNO says.
He fears the truth!

"Kaledin" <kaledin@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> Here's the ultimate coop game information source:
>
> http://shadowpanther.net/

It hasn't been updated in months. There are multiple Doom3 coop mods in
development (current ones are Opencoop and Last Man Standing). Hopefully
they will also support the expansion.

"Matthew Hall" <leareth@angui.sh> wrote in message

> I'm looking for some good co-op FPS, either already out or
> coming out soon. Anyone have some in mind? There seems to
> be a lack of these in the market - I love working towards
> a common goal in a FPS, but it's getting to the point where
> I can't even recall the last co-op FPS I played.
>
> Thanks,

I believe System Shock 2 had a patch that would allow you to play
co-op multiplayer.

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 16:14:59 -0700, "PE" <nospam@none.non> wrote:

>"Matthew Hall" <leareth@angui.sh> wrote in message
>>
>> I'm looking for some good co-op FPS, either already out or
>> coming out soon. Anyone have some in mind? There seems to
>> be a lack of these in the market - I love working towards
>> a common goal in a FPS, but it's getting to the point where
>> I can't even recall the last co-op FPS I played.
>>
>> Thanks,
>

>I believe System Shock 2 had a patch that would allow you to play
>co-op multiplayer.

That patch would be an "official" patch which you need to download anyway.
Also, SS2 isn't really available in the marketplace (excluding online
stores). You have to either to some serious hunting, or download it from a
Warez site.

For the OP, I'm not sure which games to recommend for Co-op. While there
are some available (e.g. Sven-Coop for Half-Life), I've found that most
games are simply rehashes of the original campaign with no design for
multiple players, or fall into the "rush-die-respawn-rush" cycle. You
might have some fun with Serious Sam, especially when you don't know
whether or not some other players will set off secret traps.

rms

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2003

> For the OP, I'm not sure which games to recommend for Co-op.

Descent1 & 2 were a blast in co-op mode, including the demo versions.
You'll need to download the recompiled D1X & D2X binaries to make them run
properly on today's machines, but these are great co-op games.

rms

Sadly, Goldeneye featured no co-op multiplayer mode, only several
variations on deathmatch. This being considered, I still find
Goldeneye to be one of the best multiplayer shooters that can be found
on a console. Hours of entertainment in 4-player deathmatch mode in
the Archives.
-Hukuis

Heretic 2 needs a hell of a lot higher standing than it has there.

Great for a list, but if you are looking for good coop, don't pay much attention to
the rankings.