Memory wont boot up

fatfro

Distinguished
May 15, 2002
I bought a 128mb stick of ddr memory to go along with my other stick of 128mb stick of memory. They are both Micron. When I put in the new stick of memory the Windows Xp will not boot up, and a load beep is heard and the screen turns blank. But when I take out the new memory it works fine. What might fix this problem?

Dinski

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2002
Maybe you haven't put in the stick enough. Push both stick again. Otherwise you might be disarranged some connectors or cards.
I think there's nothing serious. Just adjust the cards, connectors and RAN sticks by pushing them down.

<font color=orange>ÃÎËßÌ ÇÀËÚÊ ËÀÏÍÈ, ÃÎËßÌÀ ÙÀÍÃÀ ÂÄÈÃÍÈ!</font color=orange>

fatfro

Distinguished
May 15, 2002
I did do all this, and nothing. It is strange that it wont read my new memory. My friend had the same problem, and he took his to the repair shop and they got it working. For all you computer buffs my system is running on KR7A-133R motherboard, AMD Duron 1.3, and 128mb DDR 2100 ram. And I wanted to add another 128mb stick, but it won't work. Any help guys?

Scotty35

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2002
Try removing your original stick and replace it with the new one only in the same slot then your new stick is ok if that works on its own > try the new stick in the next slot, if that works then try swapping both sticks throughout all the memory slots. Get the idea!

<A HREF="http://www.commonwealthgames.com" target="_new"> Its all Gold for Australia</A>. Manchester games.

evap

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2002
i am having the same damn problem with windows 98 and pc133. if you get any ideas let me know.