Acer connection problems

ubernoobs

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2012
Just last week I received my Acer Aspire 7560G-7622 and I didn't have problems connecting to the internet, unless it cut out like it does often, which is another problem of its own.

However within the last couple days when my internet is not cutting out and i try to connect my laptop it cuts out instantly, i would like any help i can get i have run a Mcafee virus scan on the laptop and it was clean. Please help in any way you can. Thanks in advance.

SURFboard eXtreme Cable Modem

Linksys E4200 Dual Band N Router

First thing I'd do is connect the laptop directly to the modem over wire and see if things stabilize. If they do, then add the router back and continue using wire. If that stabilizes, finally move back to wireless.

IOW, you need to break down the problem by simplifying it, making it possible to identify those components that are, and are not, contributing to the problem. Otherwise, there are too many variables, and you'll end up wasting time looking in all the wrong places.

wildstarsreach

Honorable
Aug 31, 2012
I screwed up my windows and had to reset to factory specs. The wireless was working before this reformat. Now the wireless sees networks but when connecting will take so long that it re asks for the password again and again. Tried at two different locations and same problem. Wired works

Acer aspire 7560 with atheros ar5b97wireless adapter.

Is there some trick to getting it to work?