Single workstation losing connection?

tmmartin_35

Honorable
Aug 20, 2012
Hello, I have a single workstation on an AS400 domain server, which is administered by a contract company, that continues to freeze up and then is kicked out of the network. The strange thing is that the computer also gets kicked off the Internet at the same time. I had the employee work from her laptop using the WI
FI connection while I attempted to troubleshoot the problem, and the laptop had the same thing happen. The strange thing is that she is the only one this is happening to. I originally thought it was a bad ethernet cable or bad port on the switch, but after the laptop had the same thing happen I decided the problem was else where. The contract company says that the problem has to be on my end, but I cannot help but thing that there could be something in her settings causing the problem. I have pinged the server with no problem, run a trace route with no errors reported, and made sure that the computer is set to a static IP as well. I have checked to make sure there are no other PC's. I also connected the cable to a different port on the office switch, connected my laptop with no problem, and had another employee sign onto her PC with a different sign on with no problems. I am at a loss for what to try next. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated. :pt1cable: