Geforce 6600GT into a Shuttle SN45G?

hank

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,nz.comp (More info?)

Hi all,

When I got my shuttle a year or so back I had major trouble fitting a
FX5900 into the machine, it was too wide since the AGP slot is on the
outside of the mobo and the cards fan stops the case from going back
on. Had to cut the case in the end to accomodate the graphics card.

Anyone with a Shuttle SN45g running a geforce 6600GT? Wondering if more
case alterations would be needed and would rather not buy the card if
thats the case.

Cheers.

"Hank" <admin@cellsounds.co.nz> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> When I got my shuttle a year or so back I had major trouble fitting a
> FX5900 into the machine, it was too wide since the AGP slot is on the
> outside of the mobo and the cards fan stops the case from going back
> on. Had to cut the case in the end to accomodate the graphics card.
>
> Anyone with a Shuttle SN45g running a geforce 6600GT? Wondering if more
> case alterations would be needed and would rather not buy the card if
> thats the case.
>
> Cheers.

nVidia recommend a 300W psu at least, and that shuttle has a 200W psu I
believe

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,nz.comp (More info?)

In article <1111367140.192848.22530@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com> in
nz.comp on 20 Mar 2005 17:05:40 -0800, Hank <admin@cellsounds.co.nz>
says...
> Hi all,
>
> When I got my shuttle a year or so back I had major trouble fitting a
> FX5900 into the machine, it was too wide since the AGP slot is on the
> outside of the mobo and the cards fan stops the case from going back
> on. Had to cut the case in the end to accomodate the graphics card.
>
> Anyone with a Shuttle SN45g running a geforce 6600GT? Wondering if more
> case alterations would be needed and would rather not buy the card if
> thats the case.

Do you mean one of those little square cases?

Sorry buddy but that's what you get when you buy small form factor cases.
Some even use low profile slots that won't take normal PCI cards at all.

If you want to be able to put anything into a case then buy a proper
tower case. Likewise some of these small boards don't have the full
slots.

bill

On 20 Mar 2005 17:05:40 -0800, "Hank" <admin@cellsounds.co.nz> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>When I got my shuttle a year or so back I had major trouble fitting a
>FX5900 into the machine, it was too wide since the AGP slot is on the
>outside of the mobo and the cards fan stops the case from going back
>on. Had to cut the case in the end to accomodate the graphics card.
>
>Anyone with a Shuttle SN45g running a geforce 6600GT? Wondering if more
>case alterations would be needed and would rather not buy the card if
>thats the case.
>
>Cheers.

You need a 480W psu for that card..

BILL wrote:

> You need a 480W psu for that card..

Dunno about 480, a decent brand with 400 would do.
thermaltake for example.

--
DalienX

bill

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 13:39:18 +1200, Rob J <robj@nospam.nospam> wrote:

>In article <1111367140.192848.22530@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com> in
>nz.comp on 20 Mar 2005 17:05:40 -0800, Hank <admin@cellsounds.co.nz>
>says...
>> Hi all,
>>
>> When I got my shuttle a year or so back I had major trouble fitting a
>> FX5900 into the machine, it was too wide since the AGP slot is on the
>> outside of the mobo and the cards fan stops the case from going back
>> on. Had to cut the case in the end to accomodate the graphics card.
>>
>> Anyone with a Shuttle SN45g running a geforce 6600GT? Wondering if more
>> case alterations would be needed and would rather not buy the card if
>> thats the case.
>
>Do you mean one of those little square cases?
>
>Sorry buddy but that's what you get when you buy small form factor cases.
>Some even use low profile slots that won't take normal PCI cards at all.
>
>If you want to be able to put anything into a case then buy a proper
>tower case. Likewise some of these small boards don't have the full
>slots.

Or the Power, most only have 250w PSU's

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

Hank wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> When I got my shuttle a year or so back I had major trouble fitting a
> FX5900 into the machine, it was too wide since the AGP slot is on the
> outside of the mobo and the cards fan stops the case from going back
> on. Had to cut the case in the end to accomodate the graphics card.
>
> Anyone with a Shuttle SN45g running a geforce 6600GT? Wondering if more
> case alterations would be needed and would rather not buy the card if
> thats the case.
>
> Cheers.

It's got a big fan....and you need to connect 4-pin power to the back
edge in line with the card (as in the plug sticks out of the back end of
the card near the top).

bill

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 06:39:16 GMT, "DalienX" <somewhere@earth.com> wrote:

>BILL wrote:
>

>> You need a 480W psu for that card..
>
>Dunno about 480, a decent brand with 400 would do.
>thermaltake for example.

My 420w Thermaltake Blow up after 15 months of use..

The Firm that makes they will no longer supply sample for reviews, have a
look at the Latest reviews on Toms..

They are made by Sirtech and sold under a few brand names

Problem with these small PC's they use a Small PSU so you can't fit a
standard one..

BILL wrote:

> My 420w Thermaltake Blow up after 15 months of use..
>

> The Firm that makes they will no longer supply sample for reviews,
> have a look at the Latest reviews on Toms..

I'm not familier with that site, got a link handy?

--
DalienX

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,nz.comp (More info?)

In article <1111367140.192848.22530@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>,
"Hank" <admin@cellsounds.co.nz> wrote:

>Had to cut the case in the end to accomodate the graphics card.

Cut a Shuttle case ... sacrilege!

bill

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 09:23:28 GMT, "DalienX" <somewhere@earth.com> wrote:

>BILL wrote:
>

>> My 420w Thermaltake Blow up after 15 months of use..
>>

>> The Firm that makes they will no longer supply sample for reviews,
>> have a look at the Latest reviews on Toms..
>>

>I'm not familier with that site, got a link handy?

www.tomshardware.com

Sirtec PSU's are sold under the Chieftec , High Power and Thermaltake
Brands..