Vampire: Bloodlines unpacking question

Archived from groups: alt.games.vampire.the.masquerade,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

to add new skins to current models (naked heather) it was suggested that I
unpack all VPK files, having done this I cant load previous saves, I get a
CTD stating "compression error reading from disk". yet if I create a new
game all is ok. I'm on my way to Hollywood now and I don't want to start all
over again from scratch. is there a way to fix my save game to play with all
the textures in folders instead of the traditional vpk files?

--
C:\WINDOWS\RUN C:\WINDOWS\CRASH C:\COMPUTER\DIE

Take out the _CURSEING to reply to me
5 answers Last reply
More about vampire bloodlines unpacking question
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.vampire.the.masquerade,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    Highlandish wrote:
    > to add new skins to current models (naked heather) it was suggested that I
    > unpack all VPK files, having done this I cant load previous saves, I get a
    > CTD stating "compression error reading from disk". yet if I create a new
    > game all is ok. I'm on my way to Hollywood now and I don't want to start all
    > over again from scratch. is there a way to fix my save game to play with all
    > the textures in folders instead of the traditional vpk files?

    Wow, where can I get that mod?
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.vampire.the.masquerade,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    Highlandish wrote:
    > to add new skins to current models (naked heather) it was suggested
    > that I unpack all VPK files, having done this I cant load previous
    > saves, I get a CTD stating "compression error reading from disk". yet
    > if I create a new game all is ok.

    Sir, I thank you. I aim to print out this posting to
    keep and show my girlfriend whenever she complains
    that _I'm_ a pervert for playing computer games.

    P.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.vampire.the.masquerade,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    Paul Moloney wrote:
    > Highlandish wrote:
    >
    >>to add new skins to current models (naked heather) it was suggested
    >>that I unpack all VPK files, having done this I cant load previous
    >>saves, I get a CTD stating "compression error reading from disk". yet
    >>if I create a new game all is ok.
    >

    > Sir, I thank you. I aim to print out this posting to
    > keep and show my girlfriend whenever she complains
    > that _I'm_ a pervert for playing computer games.

    If you are a pervert, I am too. :)
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.vampire.the.masquerade,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    Quoth The Raven "ToolPackinMama"<laura@lauragoodwin.org> in
    113tp89hlfvtda@news.supernews.com
    > Highlandish wrote:
    >> to add new skins to current models (naked heather) it was suggested
    >> that I unpack all VPK files, having done this I cant load previous
    >> saves, I get a CTD stating "compression error reading from disk".
    >> yet if I create a new game all is ok. I'm on my way to Hollywood now
    >> and I don't want to start all over again from scratch. is there a
    >> way to fix my save game to play with all the textures in folders
    >> instead of the traditional vpk files?
    >
    > Wow, where can I get that mod?

    vampireplanet

    --
    Ill wind finally seeks medical advice.

    Take out the _CURSEING to reply to me
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.vampire.the.masquerade,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    Highlandish wrote:
    > Quoth The Raven "ToolPackinMama"<laura@lauragoodwin.org> in
    > 113tp89hlfvtda@news.supernews.com

    >>Wow, where can I get that mod?