Best video format for DVD's?

internet cable

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2011
i want to bur all my music DVD's onto my media centre pc for easy access, but I still want to use scene selection and be able to skip to the next scene easily, and I don't know how to do it. am I wrong to think standard video files can do this? if I'm right what file type can i use to do this? I would use .ISO but then I need to mount 20 DVD's at once.

so in short what is the best file type for saved DVD's? so i can access the title screen and scene select?

thanks in advance :)

Solution
The best thing to do is to purchase an external HDD, and learn to use software to mount ISOs or software like windows media player or VLC media player to play said files.

Alternatively use windows media center or the windows 7/8 homegroup feature to share files.

This will be much cheaper and more efficent in the long run.

IF; you're hell bent on burning DVDs/CDs then look into the "nero" brand software. I've had great success in the past with this brand for doing what you're asking about.

As for ISO mounting software for DVDs and games WHICH YOU OWN LEGAL COPIES OF; look at daemon tools or alcohol 120

bobusboy

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
The best thing to do is to purchase an external HDD, and learn to use software to mount ISOs or software like windows media player or VLC media player to play said files.

Alternatively use windows media center or the windows 7/8 homegroup feature to share files.

This will be much cheaper and more efficent in the long run.

IF; you're hell bent on burning DVDs/CDs then look into the "nero" brand software. I've had great success in the past with this brand for doing what you're asking about.

As for ISO mounting software for DVDs and games WHICH YOU OWN LEGAL COPIES OF; look at daemon tools or alcohol 120

Solution