ASUS P4T533 6 channel audio...??

pball68

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2002
How good is the Audio? I was going to buy a Sound Blaster Live 5.1 OEM to go in my new computer, but wonder now if I need it? I have a 4 speaker surround sound system with base and play alot of games FYI. Please let me know.

zeexen

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2002
I don't have any experience in the P4T533, I've an audigy platinum. But onboard soundchips usually has more cpu load than a hercules muse 5.1 or an audigy.

If you want to pay extra, I would buy an audigy player or a hercules muse 5.1.

I never liked the onboard sound (limited functions).

The fastest cpu of today will be slow on the same day next year. :mad:

I'd go with a good sound card. You've got a good speaker setup and there's no way onboard sound is going to deliver the sort of quality you're looking for.

I recently upgraded from onboard sound to the Audigy Platinum and I can assure you there is a substantial difference in quality and available options.

:smile: I am a demon
at licking my semen :smile:

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
It's a very high quality onboard soundchip, most of the guys who previously responded are probably thinking of the cheap AC97 sound that they're more familiar with being onboard. My suggestion is that you ignore them and find out for yourself! Put it together with no soundcard and see if this great onboard sound chip does the trick for you!

<font color=blue>By now you're probably wishing you had ask more questions first!</font color=blue>