In sincere praise of difool

Hello, I usually don't pay attention to the juvenile rants
in this newsgroup, but I am amazed by the animosity shown
towards this difool chap. Instead of making fun of him,
you should be thankful of him speaking his mind. Those who
criticise him are only revealing their own cowardice and
insecurity. Let me explain.

Difool saw that Valve's use of Steam is unfair, so he spoke
out to assert his opinion on the matter. He stood up for
what he believes in and has taken criticism for it.

How many of you have ever, in your whole lives, taken a
stand for what you believe in and risked embarassment?
Most likely, very few of you have, since considering the
demographics of this newsgroup, you are resigned to playing
videogames and living in fantasy worlds. Many of you grew
up on the playground making fun of those who thought, spoke,
and dressed differently from the majority, and as adults,
your reverence of the status quo is keeping you caged
in the same train of thought. In short, by criticising
this fellow Difool, you are only revealing your own
insecurities of yourself and your need to fit in. Good
luck in the real world. However, you should feel
comforted by the fact that McDonald's doesn't really
want individuality in their cooks or cashiers.

hank

Right, change your nick again did we Difool? Stop pretending you've got
any supporters in your mad-man crusade.

"Digital Puer" wrote
> Hello, I usually don't pay attention to the juvenile rants
> in this newsgroup, but I am amazed by the animosity shown
> towards this difool chap. Instead of making fun of him,
> you should be thankful of him speaking his mind. Those who
> criticise him are only revealing their own cowardice and
> insecurity. Let me explain.

People are not making fun of difool becuase he doesn't like steam. We make
fun of him because he is the dumbest person in the world who says no to
common sense every time he posts.

Digital Puer wrote:
> Hello, I usually don't pay attention to the juvenile rants
> in this newsgroup, but I am amazed by the animosity shown
> towards this difool chap. Instead of making fun of him,
> you should be thankful of him speaking his mind. Those who
> criticise him are only revealing their own cowardice and
> insecurity. Let me explain.
>
> Difool saw that Valve's use of Steam is unfair, so he spoke
> out to assert his opinion on the matter. He stood up for
> what he believes in and has taken criticism for it.

His criticisms of Steam are valid. I agree with some of them and have
gone on record here and in aghl to say so. I also say how I would
prefer Steam to work - and this where diFool and I begin to differ,
because where I offer constructive criticism, he says Valve are Nazis
and Steam controls my mind.

The animosity is not because he has criticised Steam, or because he has
dared to attack the sacred Valve [joke], but because of the way in
which he does it.

He tries to lay down the law about how and when we should buy games and
which games we should play. He then follows a different set of rules
himself.

He insults anyone who disagrees with him, particularly over Steam,
consoles and MMO games. Typically, you are branded a liar or scum, for
holding such opinions, regardless of whether you even use or own Steam,
a console or an MMO game.

If you try and correct a factually incorrect statement, or offer a
different opinion, you are a liar and will usually have your post
snipped and dismissed as "propaganda".

He will not listen to other people's opinions and reflect on them, or
respond to them. It is almost impossible to have a conversation or
discussion with him.

These are the reasons why his posts are often treated with derision,
not because of his stance on Steam. Indeed, his persistant repetitive
posting of "Steam promotes Piracy" and "Valve are evil dictators" is
becoming almost troll-like in itself, since it is never an attempt to
discuss the situation.

I would go on, but I've already posted my thoughts on diFool at some
lngth on the "Reminder-Painkiller" thread (http://tinyurl.com/3ta4p).

If you want a nice example of one his more lunatic posts, try the
recent "steam promotes piracy" thread.

On 23 Mar 2005 18:55:17 -0800, "Hank" <admin@cellsounds.co.nz> wrote:

>Right, change your nick again did we Difool? Stop pretending you've got
>any supporters in your mad-man crusade.

This can't be sayNO, the proper use of English and grammar is far
beyond anything sayNO has shown in the past. Either's he's been
pretending to be a bad writier all this time or he's recently taken a
couple of years of remedial English in the last few days.

of the human mind to correlate all its contents." - H.P. Lovecraft

Andrew

On 23 Mar 2005 18:02:59 -0800, "Digital Puer"
<digital_puer@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Hello, I usually don't pay attention to the juvenile rants
>in this newsgroup, but I am amazed by the animosity shown
>towards this difool chap.

As you don't read the juvenile rants, I presume you haven't read any
of the DiF***wits messages. He gets treated with the contempt he
deserves for his completely insane messages.

> Instead of making fun of him,
>you should be thankful of him speaking his mind.

Yeah, I am real thankful he has ruined two of the groups I read for
four months. When people are completely out of their mind, they should
keep it to themselves.

On 23 Mar 2005, "Digital Puer" wrote:

> Hello, I usually don't pay attention to the juvenile rants
> in this newsgroup, but I am amazed by the animosity shown
> towards this difool chap. Instead of making fun of him,
> you should be thankful of him speaking his mind. Those who
> criticise him are only revealing their own cowardice and
> insecurity. Let me explain.
>
> Difool saw that Valve's use of Steam is unfair, so he spoke
> out to assert his opinion on the matter. He stood up for
> what he believes in and has taken criticism for it.
>
> How many of you have ever, in your whole lives, taken a
> stand for what you believe in and risked embarassment?
> Most likely, very few of you have, since considering the
> demographics of this newsgroup, you are resigned to playing
> videogames and living in fantasy worlds. Many of you grew
> up on the playground making fun of those who thought, spoke,
> and dressed differently from the majority, and as adults,
> your reverence of the status quo is keeping you caged
> in the same train of thought. In short, by criticising
> this fellow Difool, you are only revealing your own
> insecurities of yourself and your need to fit in. Good
> luck in the real world. However, you should feel
> comforted by the fact that McDonald's doesn't really
> want individuality in their cooks or cashiers.

thank you very much!
i've been surviving in this group without any praise and only massive
among of attacks from everyone but it feels very good reading what you
just wrote! thank you sincerely!
the only thing which has keep me going is my passion for pc games and
for the pc cause since the beginning it has been a difficult and very
lonely ride...
its very hard fighting against a publisher like valve and against so
many "conditioned" pc gamers who have been blinded by them
i'll not lie to you and say i haven't thought about quitting but for
some reason or another the way i like pc games has been enought for me
to carry on... it will not be forever... but i hope the day i end some
other pc gamer will take my place defending pc games in this group

cause of everything i've been dealing in this group i've an enormous
admiration for anyone defending pc games and fighting valve
its really not nice to see so many saying so bad things about yourself

again thank you very much for your support cause its also this which
makes me not give up

--
post made in a steam-free computer
i said "NO" to valve and steam

against steam campaign
http://nosteam.afterdarknet.at/

steamwatch - independent observatory about steam
http://www.steamwatch.org/

what steam does to pc gamers in a million word worth picture:
http://www.nforce.nl/forum/images/avatars/1405845568421463c26ef44.gif

"sayNO2steam" <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com> wrote in message > its very hard
fighting against a publisher like valve and against so

> many "conditioned" pc gamers who have been blinded by them
> i'll not lie to you and say i haven't thought about quitting but for
> some reason or another the way i like pc games has been enought for me
> to carry on... it will not be forever... but i hope the day i end some
> other pc gamer will take my place defending pc games in this group

Why not put your energy into fighting something that actually matters in the
long run, like poverty or whatever?

vinCe

"Digital Puer" wrote

> Hello, I usually don't pay attention to the juvenile rants
> in this newsgroup,

Your name is an anagram of 'Pirate Guild' - Do I win a prize?

BTW 'Pure Digital' would be a better Troll-name.

Andrew

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 09:55:12 +0000, sayNO2steam
<sayNO2steam@yahoo.com> wrote:

>the only thing which has keep me going is my passion for pc games and
>for the pc cause since the beginning it has been a difficult and very
>lonely ride...

So when are you actually going to talk about any games, you know, any
of the 20 shiny things you have bought recently that you put in your
PC and play?

All of us are here because we have a passion for PC gaming, and
everyone apart from you talks about the games they play, have played
or are looking forward to playing.

In article <SDw0e.455$XH5.268@fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk>,
vmelia@nospamblueyonder.co.uk (Vince) wrote:

> BTW 'Pure Digital' would be a better Troll-name.

That depends how much latin you know :)

Andrew McP

Thusly "Digital Puer" <digital_puer@hotmail.com> Spake Unto All:

>Difool saw that Valve's use of Steam is unfair, so he spoke
>out to assert his opinion on the matter. He stood up for
>what he believes in and has taken criticism for it.

I thought difool was just a nutter with paranoid delusions about how
Valve was trying to control his mind through Steam.

After your support I think he may be the sock puppet of an alt.troll
twat.

"One Punch Mickey" <fantantiddlyspan@hotmail.com> wrote in

> Why not put your energy into fighting something that actually matters
> in the long run, like poverty or whatever?

In the long run nothing matters.

Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.

>> Why not put your energy into fighting something that actually matters
>> in the long run, like poverty or whatever?
>
> In the long run nothing matters.

"We're all dead ?" :)

-Mickmils

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005, Andrew wrote:

andrew you have been gone from this group for some time... was it
cause i showed everyone the pc gamer you are... a very weak one so
you felt ashamed and had to run away?

> of the 20 shiny things you have bought recently that you put in your

and you? you still haven't bought any more pc games lately?
but what kind of pc gamer are you? you don't buy any pc games at
all! that is unacceptable!

> All of us are here because we have a passion for PC gaming, and

mister stop it right now! if you have passion for pc games go right
now to your local retail store and buy those pc games waiting to be
bought and be loved by a pc gamer like yourself!

and if you want to measure passion let me tell you this month i've
already bought 3 pc games! and you sir how many did you?

--

sayNO2articulation wrote:

> and if you want to measure passion let me tell you this month i've
> already bought 3 pc games! and you sir how many did you?

Idiot, I puchased 35 games this month. I've bought so many I can't even
remember their names so I can't mention them.

Andrew

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 13:53:32 +0000, sayNO2steam
<sayNO2steam@yahoo.com> wrote:

>andrew you have been gone from this group for some time... was it
>cause i showed everyone the pc gamer you are... a very weak one so
>you felt ashamed and had to run away?

No, I have been moving house and didn't have a net connection for 3
days, but I am touched that you noticed. I now have a 1Mb cable
connection so am even more in favour of electronic delivery.

I did notice that you never got round to telling me the 20 games you
had bought in the last 4 months after you asked me what I had bought,
despite having nearly a week to type the list up.

>mister stop it right now! if you have passion for pc games go right
>now to your local retail store and buy those pc games waiting to be
>bought and be loved by a pc gamer like yourself!

I have 2 games on pre-order, SWAT 4 and Guild Wars. There is nothing I
want to buy at the moment.

>and if you want to measure passion let me tell you this month i've
>already bought 3 pc games! and you sir how many did you?

None this month, I am waiting for the BIA demo, but as it is
conspicuous by its absence, I think that speaks volumes for the lack
of quality in the title and probably won't be worth buying.

Which are the 23 games you have bought?

"Mils Michael" <mickmils@hotmail.com> wrote in news:d1urcn$fq1$1
@news.tiscali.fr:

>>> Why not put your energy into fighting something that actually matters
>>> in the long run, like poverty or whatever?
>>
>> In the long run nothing matters.
>
> "We're all dead ?" :)

In the long run, the sun dies, the earth grows cold, and humans living on
the other side of the galaxy no longer care. Or we've extincted ourselves
long before then. Either way, it doesn't matter. ;)

Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.

Thusly "Hank the Rapper" <xflopgoon@REMOVEyahoo.com> Spake Unto All:

>sayNO2punctuation wrote:
>
>> and if you want to measure passion let me tell you this month i've
>> already bought 3 pc games! and you sir how many did you?
>
>Idiot, I puchased 35 games this month. I've bought so many I can't even
>remember their names so I can't mention them.

I bought 27437.23 games. As my standards are every bit as high as
difools, I'll naturally not name a single one! Or play a single one!
Or in fact buy a single one! But I may pirate steam! Because VALVE
FORCED ME TO!

I praise sayNO2trees for proving, conclusively, that the BOX is
equally important as the CONTENT when it comes to buying games! The
BOX is half the fun! For 20 years I've been buying games, and,
stupidly, NEVER NOTICED! Thank you, sayNO2online, and thank you for
the harrowing photographic evidence of the sexually predatory nature
of steam! I know producing that clip must've been painful for you!

I praise sayNO2straightsex for showing me the light! Were it not for
him, I'd never even have noticed I was brutally anally raped when I
installed steam - I, in my ignorance, actually thought it was easy!

I praise sayNO2fullstop for teaching me that you only need ONE kind of
punctuation! Exclamation marks are the black of language - it goes
with EVERYTHING!

Lastly, but not leastly, I praise sayNO2xanax for exposing the evil
Valve plot to conquer the world through dominating the minds of poor
impressionable gamers who innocently install half-life2 only to be
brainwashed by the EVIL steam EVIL EVIL MIND CONTROL EVIL RAYS!

--
*** Caushun! ***
Alkahol detecteded on posters breath!

Jab

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2004

Mean_Chlorine wrote:
> Thusly "Hank the Rapper" <xflopgoon@REMOVEyahoo.com> Spake Unto All:
>

>>sayNO2punctuation wrote:
>>

>>>and if you want to measure passion let me tell you this month i've
>>>already bought 3 pc games! and you sir how many did you?
>>
>>Idiot, I puchased 35 games this month. I've bought so many I can't even
>>remember their names so I can't mention them.
>

> I bought 27437.23 games. As my standards are every bit as high as
> difools, I'll naturally not name a single one! Or play a single one!
> Or in fact buy a single one! But I may pirate steam! Because VALVE
> FORCED ME TO!

Pah .... that's not good enough I buy PC games (from the retail chain
naturally) and then insist on them not putting the CD in the the box as
it is well know that the box is the most important part of the game. I
also only pay the full price regardless of any discounts being offered.
Call yourself a real PC gamer ... I think not.