Votes for top five anticipated games in 2005

Someone may have already done this song-and-dance earlier this year, but I'd
like to see a consensus of everyone's top five anticipated titles for 2005
(FPS, TPS, RPG, strategy, adventure, whatever). I'm mainly doing this to
avoid missing any sleepers.

My votes, in no particular order and assuming they actually *do* come out
sometime this year:

- F.E.A.R.
- Pariah
- Area 51
- Call of Cthulhu (ouch, this has been in development since '01)
- S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Oh, and BioShock, but it appears to be slated for 2006. Any others that you
know of?

- f_f
9 answers Last reply
More about votes anticipated games 2005

    "faster_framerates" <nothanks@nowhere.net> wrote in message
    > Someone may have already done this song-and-dance earlier this year, but
    > I'd like to see a consensus of everyone's top five anticipated titles for
    > 2005 (FPS, TPS, RPG, strategy, adventure, whatever). I'm mainly doing this
    > to avoid missing any sleepers.
    >
    > My votes, in no particular order and assuming they actually *do* come out
    > sometime this year:
    >
    > - F.E.A.R.
    > - Pariah
    > - Area 51
    > - Call of Cthulhu (ouch, this has been in development since '01)
    > - S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    >
    > Oh, and BioShock, but it appears to be slated for 2006. Any others that
    > you know of?

    -Stubbs the Zombie
    -Godfather
    -Longest Journey 2
    -Dungeon Lords
    -SWAT 4

    turk
    --
    "As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely,
    the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great

    faster_framerates wrote:
    > Someone may have already done this song-and-dance earlier this year, but I'd
    > like to see a consensus of everyone's top five anticipated titles for 2005
    > (FPS, TPS, RPG, strategy, adventure, whatever). I'm mainly doing this to
    > avoid missing any sleepers.
    >
    > My votes, in no particular order and assuming they actually *do* come out
    > sometime this year:
    >
    > - F.E.A.R.
    > - Pariah
    > - Area 51
    > - Call of Cthulhu (ouch, this has been in development since '01)
    > - S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    >
    > Oh, and BioShock, but it appears to be slated for 2006. Any others that you
    > know of?
    >
    > - f_f

    - English release of the Gothic 2 exp.: Night of the Raven
    - F.E.A.R.
    - Duke Nukem Forever (probably being unrealistic with my hopes on this one)
    - Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil
    - The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

    --
    best regards, mat
    np: [winamp not running]

    www.pdxshows.net

    "faster_framerates" <nothanks@nowhere.net> wrote in message
    > Someone may have already done this song-and-dance earlier this year, but
    I'd
    > like to see a consensus of everyone's top five anticipated titles for 2005
    > (FPS, TPS, RPG, strategy, adventure, whatever). I'm mainly doing this to
    > avoid missing any sleepers.
    >
    > My votes, in no particular order and assuming they actually *do* come out
    > sometime this year:
    >
    > - F.E.A.R.
    > - Pariah
    > - Area 51
    > - Call of Cthulhu (ouch, this has been in development since '01)
    > - S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    >
    > Oh, and BioShock, but it appears to be slated for 2006. Any others that
    you
    > know of?
    >
    > - f_f

    Here's a link of some upcoming games.
    http://www.gamespot.com/previews.html?type=bypostdate&platform=pc&order=desc&time=allupcoming

    And here's a list of things on my radar.

    1. FEAR
    2. Stalker
    3. CoD 2
    4. The Godfather
    5. Stubbs the Zombie
    6. Close Combat: First to Fight

    oophs! I'm 1 over par.

    On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 09:53:21 -0600, "faster_framerates"
    <nothanks@nowhere.net> wrote:

    >Someone may have already done this song-and-dance earlier this year, but I'd
    >like to see a consensus of everyone's top five anticipated titles for 2005
    >(FPS, TPS, RPG, strategy, adventure, whatever). I'm mainly doing this to
    >avoid missing any sleepers.

    Now that the long awaited BIG GAMES for the PC (Doom 3 and Half Life
    2) have been released there are only a couple of games in the
    immediate future that I am eagerly looking forward to, specifically:

    * Stalker

    * Gothic 3 (actually, I have no idea if this is going to be released
    in 2005 or, if so, whether it will find a US publisher...but I'm being
    optimistic).

    But since you asked for FIVE games, here are a few others that have
    caught my eye and look interesting to me:

    * Dreamfall - Longest Journey 2

    * F.E.A.R.

    * Close Combat - First to Fight

    Of course, as I was never one to color within the lines, so neither am
    I going to restrict myself to mentioning just five games. So here are
    a few that I feel deserve honorable mention (but, though I think they
    will be GOOD games, for the reasons provided, I don't think they'll
    catch my fancy).

    * Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion (even though I haven't really liked *any*
    of the Elder Scrolls games)

    * Civ4 (even though no Civ has impressed me the way the original has)

    * Splinter Cell 3 (even though I know it's going to be just another
    sequel)

    * Ghost Recon 2 (even though I know its not coming to PC)

    * GTA - SA (even though the setting doesn't appeal to me this time)

    * Battlefield 2 (even though I don't really play multiplayer games)

    Quoth The Raven "faster_framerates"<nothanks@nowhere.net> in
    d1unpi$e8k$1@news.tamu.edu
    > Someone may have already done this song-and-dance earlier this year,
    > but I'd like to see a consensus of everyone's top five anticipated
    > titles for 2005 (FPS, TPS, RPG, strategy, adventure, whatever). I'm
    > mainly doing this to avoid missing any sleepers.
    >
    > My votes, in no particular order and assuming they actually *do* come
    > out sometime this year:
    >
    > - F.E.A.R.
    > - Pariah
    > - Area 51
    > - Call of Cthulhu (ouch, this has been in development since '01)
    > - S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    >
    > Oh, and BioShock, but it appears to be slated for 2006. Any others
    > that you know of?
    >
    > - f_f

    Duke Nukem Forever
    Stalker shadows of Chernobyl
    Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil
    quake4
    Call of Cthulhu
    gta: sa
    City of the dead (concept game afaik)
    morrowind oblivion
    fear

    --
    What do they call a coffee break at the Lipton Tea Company?

    Take out the _CURSEING to reply to me

    > Here's a link of some upcoming games.
    > http://www.gamespot.com/previews.html?type=bypostdate&platform=pc&order=desc&time=allupcoming

    Thanks for the link. I have never come across this page on GameSpot and
    they're my main supplier for game info. I just wish they had a genre column,
    too. As it is, you have to check out each link to find out about the game.
    Oh well, it's free information. Plus, they wouldn't get any advertising
    revenue if the site didn't encourage you to click, click, click. :)

    Stubbs looks pretty neat. Somewhat ala Bad Mojo, which I may pick up soon.

    - f_f

    <nothanks@nowhere.net> wrote:

    >Someone may have already done this song-and-dance earlier this year, but I'd
    >like to see a consensus of everyone's top five anticipated titles for 2005
    >(FPS, TPS, RPG, strategy, adventure, whatever). I'm mainly doing this to
    >avoid missing any sleepers.

    STUBBS
    F.E.A.R.
    STALKER
    DESTROY ALL HUMANS(This one was slated for PC but seems to be XBOX
    exclusive now. Hoping this one gets put on the PC.)
    PSYCHONAUTS
    PARIAH

    > DESTROY ALL HUMANS(This one was slated for PC but seems to be XBOX
    > exclusive now. Hoping this one gets put on the PC.)
    > PSYCHONAUTS

    Both of these look cool. Might rig up a Xbox in my abode after all.

    Thx,

    - f_f

    SWAT 4
    STALKER
    F.E.A.R
    DOD Source (do mods count?)
    DNF

    "saint" <saint@comcast.com> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 09:53:21 -0600, "faster_framerates"
    > <nothanks@nowhere.net> wrote:
    >
    >>Someone may have already done this song-and-dance earlier this year, but
    >>I'd
    >>like to see a consensus of everyone's top five anticipated titles for 2005
    >>(FPS, TPS, RPG, strategy, adventure, whatever). I'm mainly doing this to
    >>avoid missing any sleepers.
    >

    > STUBBS
    > F.E.A.R.
    > STALKER
    > DESTROY ALL HUMANS(This one was slated for PC but seems to be XBOX
    > exclusive now. Hoping this one gets put on the PC.)
    > PSYCHONAUTS
    > PARIAH

PC gaming Games IBM Video Games