    about.

    From:A Person
    Bill.Gates@microsoft.com

    > The external display on my V600 by default shows the Motorola logo.
    > It only changes briefly when the phone rings.
    >
    > It doesn't show missed call or any other information. Is there any
    > way of changing it so it displays something useful like the time by
    > default?
    >
    > I've RTFM and looked through the menus but can't find anything.
    >
    > Cheers

    Here's a really strange thing!

    If i lightly press the case to the right of the little 'mirror' on the
    front, the external display lights up and i can see the time and the signal
    level?

    Is this a 'feature'?

    Cheers

    "A Person" <Bill.Gates@microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Here's a really strange thing!
    >
    > If i lightly press the case to the right of the little 'mirror' on the
    > front, the external display lights up and i can see the time and the
    signal
    > level?
    >
    > Is this a 'feature'?
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com> wrote in message
    > > Mine shows the logo only when the flip is open, otherwise I get time and
    > > status displays and CID. Sounds like a problem worth calling Motorola
    > > about.
    > >
    > > From:A Person
    > > Bill.Gates@microsoft.com
    > >
    > > > The external display on my V600 by default shows the Motorola logo.
    > > > It only changes briefly when the phone rings.
    > > >
    > > > It doesn't show missed call or any other information. Is there any
    > > > way of changing it so it displays something useful like the time by
    > > > default?
    > > >
    > > > I've RTFM and looked through the menus but can't find anything.
    > > >
    > > > Cheers

    If you open your phone & look below the screen on the right - there's a
    lump, when the phone is closed this presses against a button just under te
    hinge, which then activates the external display. if yours is only working
    when you press it down then your phone is faulty & you need it seen to, as
    your phone thinks it is "open" all the time.

    I've tried that on mine and nothing happens. I doubt its a feature.
    My V600 and my wifes both show the time, signal, battery etc when closed.
    I'd go with what BruceR said and contact Motorola.

    Paul
    "A Person" <Bill.Gates@microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Here's a really strange thing!
    >
    > If i lightly press the case to the right of the little 'mirror' on the
    > front, the external display lights up and i can see the time and the
    signal
    > level?
    >
    > Is this a 'feature'?
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com> wrote in message
    > > Mine shows the logo only when the flip is open, otherwise I get time and
    > > status displays and CID. Sounds like a problem worth calling Motorola
    > > about.
    > >
    > > From:A Person
    > > Bill.Gates@microsoft.com
    > >
    > > > The external display on my V600 by default shows the Motorola logo.
    > > > It only changes briefly when the phone rings.
    > > >
    > > > It doesn't show missed call or any other information. Is there any
    > > > way of changing it so it displays something useful like the time by
    > > > default?
    > > >
    > > > I've RTFM and looked through the menus but can't find anything.
    > > >
    > > > Cheers

    Thanks,

    Your absolutely right, fiddling with the little plastic button i can get it
    to work. This ones going back to the retailer.

    Cheers

    "CGA" <cgassociates@antispam.btconnect.com> wrote in message

    > "A Person" <Bill.Gates@microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Here's a really strange thing!
    > >
    > > If i lightly press the case to the right of the little 'mirror' on the
    > > front, the external display lights up and i can see the time and the
    > signal
    > > level?
    > >
    > > Is this a 'feature'?
    > >
    > > Cheers
    > >
    > > "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com> wrote in message
    > > > Mine shows the logo only when the flip is open, otherwise I get time
    and
    > > > status displays and CID. Sounds like a problem worth calling Motorola
    > > > about.
    > > >
    > > > From:A Person
    > > > Bill.Gates@microsoft.com

    > If you open your phone & look below the screen on the right - there's a
    > lump, when the phone is closed this presses against a button just under te
    > hinge, which then activates the external display. if yours is only working
    > when you press it down then your phone is faulty & you need it seen to, as
    > your phone thinks it is "open" all the time.

Motorola Default Displays