V600 - External Display

Last response: in Brands
May 5, 2004 3:24:15 PM

The external display on my V600 by default shows the Motorola logo. It only
changes briefly when the phone rings.

It doesn't show missed call or any other information. Is there any way of
changing it so it displays something useful like the time by default?

I've RTFM and looked through the menus but can't find anything.

Cheers

More about : v600 external display

Anonymous
May 5, 2004 3:24:16 PM

Mine shows the logo only when the flip is open, otherwise I get time and
status displays and CID. Sounds like a problem worth calling Motorola
about.

From:A Person
Bill.Gates@microsoft.com

> The external display on my V600 by default shows the Motorola logo.
> It only changes briefly when the phone rings.
>
> It doesn't show missed call or any other information. Is there any
> way of changing it so it displays something useful like the time by
> default?
>
> I've RTFM and looked through the menus but can't find anything.
>
> Cheers
Anonymous
May 5, 2004 4:15:42 PM

Here's a really strange thing!

If i lightly press the case to the right of the little 'mirror' on the
front, the external display lights up and i can see the time and the signal
level?

Is this a 'feature'?

Cheers

"BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com> wrote in message
> Mine shows the logo only when the flip is open, otherwise I get time and
> status displays and CID. Sounds like a problem worth calling Motorola
> about.
>
> From:A Person
> Bill.Gates@microsoft.com
>
> > The external display on my V600 by default shows the Motorola logo.
> > It only changes briefly when the phone rings.
> >
> > It doesn't show missed call or any other information. Is there any
> > way of changing it so it displays something useful like the time by
> > default?
> >
> > I've RTFM and looked through the menus but can't find anything.
> >
> > Cheers

May 5, 2004 4:28:05 PM

"A Person" <Bill.Gates@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Here's a really strange thing!
>
> If i lightly press the case to the right of the little 'mirror' on the
> front, the external display lights up and i can see the time and the
signal
> level?
>
> Is this a 'feature'?
>
> Cheers
>
> "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com> wrote in message
> > Mine shows the logo only when the flip is open, otherwise I get time and
> > status displays and CID. Sounds like a problem worth calling Motorola
> > about.
> >
> > From:A Person
> > Bill.Gates@microsoft.com
> >
> > > The external display on my V600 by default shows the Motorola logo.
> > > It only changes briefly when the phone rings.
> > >
> > > It doesn't show missed call or any other information. Is there any
> > > way of changing it so it displays something useful like the time by
> > > default?
> > >
> > > I've RTFM and looked through the menus but can't find anything.
> > >
> > > Cheers

If you open your phone & look below the screen on the right - there's a
lump, when the phone is closed this presses against a button just under te
hinge, which then activates the external display. if yours is only working
when you press it down then your phone is faulty & you need it seen to, as
your phone thinks it is "open" all the time.
Anonymous
May 5, 2004 5:22:10 PM

I've tried that on mine and nothing happens. I doubt its a feature.
My V600 and my wifes both show the time, signal, battery etc when closed.
I'd go with what BruceR said and contact Motorola.

Paul
"A Person" <Bill.Gates@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Here's a really strange thing!
>
> If i lightly press the case to the right of the little 'mirror' on the
> front, the external display lights up and i can see the time and the
signal
> level?
>
> Is this a 'feature'?
>
> Cheers
>
> "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com> wrote in message
> > Mine shows the logo only when the flip is open, otherwise I get time and
> > status displays and CID. Sounds like a problem worth calling Motorola
> > about.
> >
> > From:A Person
> > Bill.Gates@microsoft.com
> >
> > > The external display on my V600 by default shows the Motorola logo.
> > > It only changes briefly when the phone rings.
> > >
> > > It doesn't show missed call or any other information. Is there any
> > > way of changing it so it displays something useful like the time by
> > > default?
> > >
> > > I've RTFM and looked through the menus but can't find anything.
> > >
> > > Cheers

Anonymous
May 5, 2004 6:53:25 PM

Thanks,

Your absolutely right, fiddling with the little plastic button i can get it
to work. This ones going back to the retailer.

Cheers

!