Local area doesn't have a valid ip configuration

hellzscream

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2007
Randomly today my internet cut out I tried resetting the modem/powering it down etc nothing worked. I then tried the windows network diagnosis and it resulted in this issue "local area connection 2" doesn't have a valid ip configuration. I'm also directly connected to my modem if it matters. I never had this issue today. This issue keeps randomly occuring. I have a modem/router combo
Cisco DPC3825 DOCSIS 3.0 Gateway

I also have moved my modem to another house but havent had this issue for 2months from i being relocated. I need a permanent solution:/

I'm posting this from my phone is uploaded a pic of my ipconfig. Any suggestions are welcome.

http://imgur.com/WRqJk

hellzscream

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2007

When the problem occurs my modem constantly reboots making it very difficult to access the routers settings at the 192 address(This happens when I exit out of the troubleshooting phase). I thought this was a windows 7 feature where it kept trying to reconnect to the web. I'm not too familiar with windows 7 networking. Viewing the networking and sharing center it keeps cycling through the red x which i assume is unplugged ethernet cord to the yellow exclamation and the refreshing circle

hellzscream

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2007

Thanks for the help so far. I was wondering if my isp blocked me from getting an ip address because I moved the modem to another house? It has been here for 2 months working fine if it matters

**I fixed it seems that the cable wasn't in in secured onto the outlet properly