Headphones with Sound Expansion

Last response: in Home Audio
August 19, 2004 4:31:37 AM

I have been looking for a special pair of earphones and I truly hope
that someone out there can help me. I have listened to a particular
song that I like that sounds the way I like it only when simulated
surround sound is on. Does anybody out there know where I can find a
pair of regular headphones that can mimic the effects of simulated
surround sound (in terms of sound expansion and reverb)? Basically, I
am looking for a pair of headphones that have a LOT of sound expansion
and echo. I have been searching for a long time and would GREATLY
appreciate anybody's help in finding a pair that suits my needs.
Anonymous
August 19, 2004 3:29:34 PM

dacostpa wrote:

> I have been looking for a special pair of earphones and I truly hope
> that someone out there can help me. I have listened to a particular
> song that I like that sounds the way I like it only when simulated
> surround sound is on. Does anybody out there know where I can find a
> pair of regular headphones that can mimic the effects of simulated
> surround sound (in terms of sound expansion and reverb)? Basically, I
> am looking for a pair of headphones that have a LOT of sound expansion
> and echo. I have been searching for a long time and would GREATLY
> appreciate anybody's help in finding a pair that suits my needs.

What kind of source material? Stereo, B-format, 5.1, etc.

I am not sure if there is a commercial product that can
convert any of the above to the requisite binaural because
it requires an external DSP with some signifigant Hzpower.

If you want to do it with a Win PC I could provide solutions
utilizing some inexpensive off the shelf software products.
I could possibly do the same for a Mac but that is less
certain.

Bob

simpler."

A. Einstein
Anonymous
August 19, 2004 8:20:48 PM

Don't know of any headphones with the processor built in. But some surround
receivers have surround DSP for the headphone output that should do the
job.