Psychotoxic Walkthrough

OK, who's playing? How long before the first walkthrough comes out?

==== Tecknomage ====
"Patriotism means to stand by the country.
It does not mean stand by the President."
President Roosevelt

http://www.usenet.com

sToic

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 03:56:30 -0800, Tecknomage
<tecknode@tecknode.cts.com> wrote:

>OK, who's playing? How long before the first walkthrough comes out?

It's a shooter on rails. No need for a walkthrough.

sayNO2steam [authentic] wrote:

> hasn't been released in europe so i'll have to wait until late next
month
> to buy it
> as far as walkthrough i think its still early to expect them but i
hope we
> have already cheat codes available
> cheat codes are for me one of the biggest "must have" in any pc game

Cheat codes are the last resort for me. If I have to resort to them, I
feel that I am robbing myself. What was the point of paying for a game
if I am just going to cheat and not play it?

A Walkthrough is far more useful (even then I feel a bit guilty)
because it tells you what you to do, but you still have to play the
game properly and fight the enemies properly to do it.

I'm in too minds about walkthroughs that tell you how to solve a puzzle
(eg. TombRaider or some of the HL(2) puzzles). Half the fun of the game
is trying to solve the puzzle yourself. But by the time I look for a
walkthrough, I've probably been trying to solve a puzzle for ages and
am getting frustrated with the game anyway.

The best kind of "cheat" is a strategy guide which tells you how your
weapons work best, and how to best approach certain monsters (eg. if
I'd known that the Fat Boys in FarCry were immune to explosions, I
might not have wasted so many RPGs on them...) Strategy hints like that
don't tell you how to proceed, but they still make the game a little
easier, to get past a challenging section.

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005, Tecknomage wrote:

> OK, who's playing? How long before the first walkthrough comes out?

hasn't been released in europe so i'll have to wait until late next month
to buy it
as far as walkthrough i think its still early to expect them but i hope we
have already cheat codes available
cheap codes are for me one of the biggest "must have" in any pc game

btw can you talk a little about the packaging and give us some details?

--
to check this post authenticity please read the thread "check for post
authenticity" in this group and if you have any doubt please email me

this post is copyright of myself and cannot be used in any way without
my express permission with the only exception for being used to quote
part of my post in a direct follow-up, without any change in original
text

post made in a steam-free computer
i said "NO" to valve and steam

against steam campaign
http://nosteam.afterdarknet.at/

steamwatch - independent observatory about steam
http://www.steamwatch.org/

what steam does to pc gamers in a million word worth picture:
http://www.nforce.nl/forum/images/avatars/1405845568421463c26ef44.gif

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 07:20:04 +0100, "sayNO2steam [authentic]"
<sayNO2steam@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 29 Mar 2005, Tecknomage wrote:
>
> > OK, who's playing? How long before the first walkthrough comes out?
>
> hasn't been released in europe so i'll have to wait until late next month
> to buy it
> as far as walkthrough i think its still early to expect them but i hope we
> have already cheat codes available
> cheap codes are for me one of the biggest "must have" in any pc game
>
> btw can you talk a little about the packaging and give us some details?

Packaging? Well, if I'm reading correctly; 3 CDs and a very, very
skimpy manual. What I mean by skimpy, example only, is it does NOT
list the game controls. I had to write them down by going to the
options and see what they were. It uses the "Checking CD" copy
protection process when you launch the game to verify CD# 1. It also
requires a separate "VP3 Codec" installation; which I really don't
like, I don't like special >> system << software being required for
any game.

The on-line reviews/previews say it all about game-play, especially
the Dream World missions. As some reviews have implied, the artwork
in the Dream World missions does seem to be slightly better than Real
World missions.

I take back that you need a walkthrough. I am finding my way around
without one.

==== Tecknomage ====
"Patriotism means to stand by the country.
It does not mean stand by the President."
President Roosevelt

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 07:20:04 +0100, "sayNO2steam [authentic]"
<sayNO2steam@yahoo.com> wrote:

>On Tue, 29 Mar 2005, Tecknomage wrote:
>
>> OK, who's playing? How long before the first walkthrough comes out?
>
>hasn't been released in europe so i'll have to wait until late next month

http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0002E4MHG/qid%3D1112199836/028-0663095-2309332

of the human mind to correlate all its contents." - H.P. Lovecraft

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005, Tecknomage wrote:

> protection process when you launch the game to verify CD# 1. It also

thanks for the info about the packaging... but neither you neither stoic
talk about starforce so fortunately it hasn't got it

> like, I don't like special >> system << software being required for

totally agree with you!
a bad point against psychotoxic needed special codecs when there are so
many standard ones available... its really unfortunate

> I take back that you need a walkthrough. I am finding my way around

not in every game so i don't know if i will need it for psychotoxic
lately i've been needing more cheats than walkthroughs cause games have
become less puzzle oriented and more hard with the aiming

--
post made in a steam-free computer
i said "NO" to valve and steam

against steam campaign
http://nosteam.afterdarknet.at/

steamwatch - independent observatory about steam
http://www.steamwatch.org/

what steam does to pc gamers in a million word worth picture:
http://www.nforce.nl/forum/images/avatars/1405845568421463c26ef44.gif

vinCe

"sayNO2steam" wrote
> Tecknomage wrote:

>> I take back that you need a walkthrough. I am finding my way around

> not in every game so i don't know if i will need it for psychotoxic
> lately i've been needing more cheats than walkthroughs cause games have
> become less puzzle oriented and more hard with the aiming

On your last day you start talking about games?

Thusly "Vince" <vmelia@nospamblueyonder.co.uk> Spake Unto All:

>"sayNO2steam" wrote
>> Tecknomage wrote:
>
>>> I take back that you need a walkthrough. I am finding my way around
>
>> not in every game so i don't know if i will need it for psychotoxic
>> lately i've been needing more cheats than walkthroughs cause games have
>> become less puzzle oriented and more hard with the aiming
>
>On your last day you start talking about games?

He's been talking about (the box of) psychotoxic for quite some time,
it's just been hidden among the raving.
However, it's not like he'll ever buy or play the game. I get the
impression he might fondle the box in the shop a bit, though.

Mean_Chlorine <mike_noren2002@NOSPAMyahoo.co.uk> wrote in

> Thusly "Vince" <vmelia@nospamblueyonder.co.uk> Spake Unto All:

>>> not in every game so i don't know if i will need it for psychotoxic
>>> lately i've been needing more cheats than walkthroughs cause games have
>>> become less puzzle oriented and more hard with the aiming
>>
>>On your last day you start talking about games?
>
> He's been talking about (the box of) psychotoxic for quite some time,
> it's just been hidden among the raving.
> However, it's not like he'll ever buy or play the game. I get the
> impression he might fondle the box in the shop a bit, though.

LOL, I can just imagine hime whispering sweet nothings to it while hidden
away in a corner stroking the box