DanielLevesque

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2002
Ive got the A7n266-c motherboard with the Nforce sound enabled.. as well as all onboard sound options... but I can not get my 5.1 speaks from Altec Lansing to work in 5.1 mode.. will only play 4 speakers... not the center one.. anyone experienced this? ive got latest bios and drivers from Asus's site

-Dan

Asus A7n266-c
Athlon XP 2200+ Tbred
2x 512MB PC3000 Cas2.0 DDR OCZ
100Gig WD Special Edition 8 Meg cache
Ati Radeon 8500 128MB
3dmark2001se score is 9479<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by DanielLevesque on 08/02/02 03:17 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Is there a program where you can test weather each speaker is working? The reason I ask is because the center speaker is normally NOT USED by most programs, music, etc. It's mostly used for movie dialogs I think.

<font color=blue>By now you're probably wishing you had ask more questions first!</font color=blue>

DanielLevesque

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2002
Hmmm... Im not sure if there is a test program.. ive set it up to use it.. tried music... tried games... havent tried any dvd's as i dont have a dvd cdrom anymore... I thought it worked for Music as well as Games and movies?

-Dan

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I'm fairly certain that for anything to come out of that speaker, it has to be encoded for that speaker! That wouldn't include music nor most games.

<font color=blue>By now you're probably wishing you had ask more questions first!</font color=blue>