Unlock Code for Motorola MicroTAC3000e

Last response: in Brands
May 9, 2004 10:36:50 PM

I have a Motorola MicroTAC Select 3000e GSM 1900 phone I used
back in 1999 with Bellsouth Mobility in Tennessee. Bellsouth Mobility has
long since gone.

Does ANYONE happen to know the 8 digit unlock code for this phone so I could
use another SIM card from another service?

Much appreciated.
Anonymous
May 9, 2004 10:36:51 PM

"Earthlink" <mphsflyer@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> I have a Motorola MicroTAC Select 3000e GSM 1900 phone I used
> back in 1999 with Bellsouth Mobility in Tennessee. Bellsouth Mobility has
> long since gone.
>
> Does ANYONE happen to know the 8 digit unlock code for this phone so I
could
> use another SIM card from another service?
>
> Much appreciated.

Cingular Wireless replaced BellSouth Mobility DCS,
of course. Unlock codes are unique to a IMEI.

Two and a half years ago, I was able to get the
same model Pacific Bell Wireless phone unlocked
via Cingular Wireless. Since then, policies have
changed. I have not currently been able to get the
unlock code of a PacBell Nokia 6190. I've had
service from BSM to CW for nearly five years.

The policy is that unlock code for world, multi-
band phones will be furnished; those for single-
band USA phones will not.

That being said, I have used a fellow in Toronto
to unlock a 5190 successfully, without the
assistance of its original service provider.
Perhaps I'll find someone domestically next time.

John C.
!