V525 - Vodafone Live - How to remove!

Last response: in Brands
May 10, 2004 3:55:55 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

Hello (".)

I have recently purchased a Moto V525 on Vodafone in the UK and it has
Vodafone Live installed, which is set as the right soft key from the main
screen! I have no real need or interest in using the Live services and would
like to remove them or at the very least set up the right softkey for
another function........however, the ability to change the right softkey has
been removed/disabled in the settings! Anyone got any ideas how to bypass
this problem or remove the Live stuff?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Chegs

More about : v525 vodafone live remove

Anonymous
May 10, 2004 2:23:56 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

Hi

unfortunatly the only way to remove the vodafone live from the rightsoft key
is to have the handset software flashed to orignal sim free software.

Vodafone has the exclusive rights to that handset, which means you will not
be able to get it on any other network apart from vodafone.

This is the same with the v300 on t mobile. Now T mobile have been crafty,
by not letting you change any of the wap settings. So if you want to use it
on another network, you will be able to use the mms, but not the wap.

Regards
Jay
"CheggersPop" <vizbuks@vizbuks.con> wrote in message
> Hello (".)
>
> I have recently purchased a Moto V525 on Vodafone in the UK and it has
> Vodafone Live installed, which is set as the right soft key from the main
> screen! I have no real need or interest in using the Live services and
would
> like to remove them or at the very least set up the right softkey for
> another function........however, the ability to change the right softkey
has
> been removed/disabled in the settings! Anyone got any ideas how to bypass
> this problem or remove the Live stuff?
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated!
>
> Chegs

Anonymous
May 10, 2004 10:10:37 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

> Hi
>
> unfortunatly the only way to remove the vodafone live from the rightsoft
key
> is to have the handset software flashed to orignal sim free software.
>
> Vodafone has the exclusive rights to that handset, which means you will
not
> be able to get it on any other network apart from vodafone.
>
> This is the same with the v300 on t mobile. Now T mobile have been crafty,
> by not letting you change any of the wap settings. So if you want to use
it
> on another network, you will be able to use the mms, but not the wap.
>
> Regards
> Jay

Cheers Jay,

Is it possible to actually remove the configurations so that it is even if
you press the Voda Live button it won't access the services?

Chegs!
!