Whats best way to shrinkwrap CDs?

Last response: in Home Audio
August 21, 2004 7:56:00 AM

I'm interested in low volume shrinkwrap that looks like the kind of shrinkwrap
that you get with CDs in the store. Is there some such of a beast available?

Thanks,
-lee-

More about : whats shrinkwrap cds

Anonymous
August 21, 2004 1:45:27 PM

leoaw3@aol.comnospam (Leoaw3) wrote in message news:<20040820235600.19157.00003827@mb-m06.aol.com>...
> I'm interested in low volume shrinkwrap that looks like the kind of shrinkwrap
> that you get with CDs in the store. Is there some such of a beast available?
>
> Thanks,
> -lee-

If you are in the US, you can use shrink bags from U Line, Model #
S-8477(6"X7"). I put in the CD and use a bag sealer to seal the open
end, and then shrink it with a standard heat gun (carefully!) Model#
S-3549 also works well (6"X6").

These bags are a little more stiff than some CD shrink, which is more
stretchy, but they work well. They come in a box of 500 for about
$18.00.

uline.com

Roger Foote
Anonymous
August 21, 2004 9:18:07 PM

Find the local sheltered workshop.

Peace,
Paul
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
August 22, 2004 1:37:11 AM

lee: << I'm interested in low volume shrinkwrap that looks like the kind of
shrinkwrap
that you get with CDs in the store. >>

Bags Unlimited has various sized devices that seal and then, with a heat gun,
shrink the plastic. It doesn't look exactly like what you buy in the store,
but it is really just fine, more than "just good enough."
Anonymous
August 23, 2004 11:27:15 PM

On 21 Aug 2004 03:56:00 GMT, Leoaw3 <leoaw3@aol.comnospam> wrote:
> I'm interested in low volume shrinkwrap that looks like the kind of shrinkwrap
> that you get with CDs in the store. Is there some such of a beast available?
>
> Thanks,
> -lee-

Eh . ."more or less".

Basically, you need heat-shrinkable film, a cutter/sealer, and a
hairdryer.

There are a few details that won't be quite the same, but "Good Enough"
for your own music.
Anonymous
August 24, 2004 12:19:09 AM

><nyrWc.22028$3O2.20768@trndny07>
>
>On 21 Aug 2004 03:56:00 GMT, Leoaw3 <leoaw3@aol.comnospam> wrote:
>> I'm interested in low volume shrinkwrap that looks like the kind of
shrinkwrap
>> that you get with CDs in the store. Is there some such of a beast
available?

>> Thanks,
>> -lee-
>
>Eh . ."more or less".
>
>Basically, you need heat-shrinkable film, a cutter/sealer, and a
>hairdryer.
>
>There are a few details that won't be quite the same, but "Good Enough"
>for your own music.

The Hair dryer from Hell. A heat gun.

Contact M. Latter company for shrink film and systems.

Richard H. Kuschel
August 24, 2004 3:02:36 AM

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 19:27:15 GMT, "U-CDK_CHARLES\\Charles" <"Charles
Krug"@cdksystems.com> wrote:
>Basically, you need heat-shrinkable film, a cutter/sealer, and a
>hairdryer.

And some good ventilation, unless you think that inhaling out-gassing
polywhateveritis is good for you.

Your Concerned Safety Department.

Willie K. Yee, M.D. http://users.bestweb.net/~wkyee
Developer of Problem Knowledge Couplers for Psychiatry http://www.pkc.com
Webmaster and Guitarist for the Big Blue Big Band http://www.bigbluebigband.org
Anonymous
August 24, 2004 6:34:48 PM

Thanks for the answers - especially for the ventilation warning.

In doing more research - it looks like I don't want "shrinkwrap" as much as I
want "ovewrwrap". What's the cheapest overwrap machines? I'm not seeing
anything under about 2900 dollars (US).

-lee-
!