Windows 8 doesnt detect 1080p Nvidia does

This is the strangest error i came across, basically windows will show 1680 x 1050 as the max resolution but Nvidia shows the full 1920 x 1080.

My monitor of course supports 1080 and i did not have this problem previously in windows 7 or vista.

This is a huge problem for me though because all though i can enable 1080p through the desktop thanks to the Nvidia control panel most games i play unless they have a CFG file with the resolution setting in there wont allow me to play in 1920 x 1080 because it goes by what windows says.

Info:

Windows 8
Latest Nvidia Drivers
GTX 560 - hdmi to dvi-d
Generic 1920 x 1080 monitor
The monitor does not support HDCP and im thinking this could be the problem but i dont have a DVI cable (hence the adapter) to test this theory but if nobody can think of a fix i will most likely go out and get one to test it.
2 answers Last reply
More about windows doesnt detect 1080p nvidia does
  1. I think the problem is from hdmi to dvi-d cable, I did read this (only the hdmi to dvi-d and not for dvi-d to hdmi ) somewhere. You can google it.
  2. So it is most likely that windows 8 wants the HDCP handshake to complete? Well time to get a new cable!
Ask a new question

Read More

Resolution Windows 8 Nvidia