Which games did you play in March? [Poll]

Just like same post in Feburary, this is a general poll to see which games
or game mods are still popular enough to be currently played. (We need
something on-topic...)

You don't have to list absolutly everything you've looked at - just
something significant enough that you'd remember. Also, you don't have to
list games you hate, especially when you are embarrased to admit that you
played it. :)

Games that are run through an emulated system such as Vice or Mame are
excluded. Thus, you can't list Bazooka Bill as one of the games you played
and liked unless you've used an original Commodore 64.

To get the ball rolling:
- Counter-Strike
- Day of Defeat
- Half-Life 2
- System Shock
- Team Fortress Classic
- Unreal Tournament 2004
- Worms Armageddeon

One last thing - this is a flame free thread. Making unprovoked attacks on
other people means that you do not play games at all.
31 answers Last reply
More about which games play march poll

    Raymond Martineau wrote:
    > Just like same post in Feburary, this is a general poll to see which
    games
    > or game mods are still popular enough to be currently played. (We
    need
    > something on-topic...)

    You beat me to it (the Feb one was started by me).

    Poor show I'm afraid, consisting entirely of...

    Far Cry (still. "Boat" level - most excellent and damn hard)

    "Raymond Martineau" <bk039@ncf.ca> wrote in message
    > Just like same post in Feburary, this is a general poll to see which games
    > or game mods are still popular enough to be currently played. (We need
    > something on-topic...)
    >
    > You don't have to list absolutly everything you've looked at - just
    > something significant enough that you'd remember. Also, you don't have to
    > list games you hate, especially when you are embarrased to admit that you
    > played it. :)
    >
    > Games that are run through an emulated system such as Vice or Mame are
    > excluded. Thus, you can't list Bazooka Bill as one of the games you
    > played
    > and liked unless you've used an original Commodore 64.
    >
    > To get the ball rolling:
    > - Counter-Strike
    > - Day of Defeat
    > - Half-Life 2
    > - System Shock
    > - Team Fortress Classic
    > - Unreal Tournament 2004
    > - Worms Armageddeon

    - HL2
    - CS:Source
    - Freedom Force: Third Reich
    - Brothers in Arms
    - Lego Star Wars (just on the 31st of March when I got it)
    - SWAT 4 demo
    - FarCry (just to see it at full detail on the new comp)
    - Riddick demo

    turk
    --
    "As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely,
    the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great

    On 2 Apr 2005 03:47:37 -0800, "Chadwick" <chadwick110@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >Raymond Martineau wrote:
    >> Just like same post in Feburary, this is a general poll to see which
    >games
    >> or game mods are still popular enough to be currently played. (We
    >need
    >> something on-topic...)
    >
    >You beat me to it (the Feb one was started by me).

    I was thinking about making an immediate followup saying that the poll
    results are in, which would only include the games I played.

    At the last minute, I decided not to. :)

    On Fri, 01 Apr 2005 22:27:38 -0500, bk039@ncf.ca (Raymond Martineau)
    wrote:

    >Just like same post in Feburary, this is a general poll to see which games
    >or game mods are still popular enough to be currently played. (We need
    >something on-topic...)

    Same as before, HL2 (playing through for third time), SWAT 4 demo,
    BF1942/Desert Combat, UT2004.

    Where oh where is the BIA demo?

    Raymond Martineau wrote:
    > Just like same post in Feburary, this is a general poll to see which games
    > or game mods are still popular enough to be currently played. (We need
    > something on-topic...)
    >
    > You don't have to list absolutly everything you've looked at - just
    > something significant enough that you'd remember. Also, you don't have to
    > list games you hate, especially when you are embarrased to admit that you
    > played it. :)
    >
    > Games that are run through an emulated system such as Vice or Mame are
    > excluded. Thus, you can't list Bazooka Bill as one of the games you played
    > and liked unless you've used an original Commodore 64.
    >
    > To get the ball rolling:
    > - Counter-Strike
    > - Day of Defeat
    > - Half-Life 2
    > - System Shock
    > - Team Fortress Classic
    > - Unreal Tournament 2004
    > - Worms Armageddeon
    >
    > One last thing - this is a flame free thread. Making unprovoked attacks on
    > other people means that you do not play games at all.

    - BIA
    - Crusader Kings
    - Hearts of Iron II
    - Strategic Command
    - Day of Defeat

    "Raymond Martineau" <bk039@ncf.ca> wrote in message
    > Just like same post in Feburary, this is a general poll to see which games
    > or game mods are still popular enough to be currently played. (We need
    > something on-topic...)
    >
    > You don't have to list absolutly everything you've looked at - just
    > something significant enough that you'd remember. Also, you don't have to
    > list games you hate, especially when you are embarrased to admit that you
    > played it. :)
    >
    > Games that are run through an emulated system such as Vice or Mame are
    > excluded. Thus, you can't list Bazooka Bill as one of the games you
    > played
    > and liked unless you've used an original Commodore 64.
    >
    > To get the ball rolling:
    > - Counter-Strike
    > - Day of Defeat
    > - Half-Life 2
    > - System Shock
    > - Team Fortress Classic
    > - Unreal Tournament 2004
    > - Worms Armageddeon

    Freedom Force vs the Third Reich
    Half-Life 2 Substance mod
    Republic Commando
    Hearts of Iron 2
    Vice City

    I played a lot more but am not allowed state emulated games according to
    your rules.

    > One last thing - this is a flame free thread.

    "Making unprovoked attacks on other people means that you do not play games
    at all."

    How does that work? Obviously its entirely possible to both, as you could
    flame someone inbetween a gaming session.

    Any way, I have just got Cold Fear and am about to install. Not liking the
    sound of having to play for several hours before you can save, but I'll see
    how it goes.
    --
    Les

    Online:
    U2:XMP
    Joint Ops + Escalation

    Offline:
    Rome: Total War
    Silent Hunter 3
    Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault

    bk039@ncf.ca (Raymond Martineau) wrote in

    > Just like same post in Feburary, this is a general poll to see which
    > games or game mods are still popular enough to be currently played.
    > (We need something on-topic...)
    >
    > You don't have to list absolutly everything you've looked at - just
    > something significant enough that you'd remember. Also, you don't
    > have to list games you hate, especially when you are embarrased to
    > admit that you played it. :)
    >
    > Games that are run through an emulated system such as Vice or Mame are
    > excluded. Thus, you can't list Bazooka Bill as one of the games you
    > played and liked unless you've used an original Commodore 64.
    >
    > To get the ball rolling:
    > - Counter-Strike
    > - Day of Defeat
    > - Half-Life 2
    > - System Shock
    > - Team Fortress Classic
    > - Unreal Tournament 2004
    > - Worms Armageddeon
    >
    > One last thing - this is a flame free thread. Making unprovoked
    > attacks on other people means that you do not play games at all.

    - Doom 3
    - Evil Genius
    - Half life 2
    - Star Wars: Republic Commando
    - KOTOR 2
    - Americas Army
    - Prince of Persia: Warrior Within demo

    "Raymond Martineau" <bk039@ncf.ca> wrote in message
    > Just like same post in Feburary, this is a general poll to see which games
    > or game mods are still popular enough to be currently played. (We need
    > something on-topic...)

    KotoR 2
    then Kotor 1 (for the second time)
    BiA
    SW: Republic Commando
    Starcraft - LAN multiplay
    for online - Day of Defeat

    -kotor
    -kotor2
    -haol
    -project snowblind
    -splintercell chaos thery
    online
    -world of warcraft
    -starcraft

    --
    DarkSparten
    DarkSparten's Profile: http://www.video-game-forum.net/member.php?userid=223

    GEEKS. I just watched porn all March.

    On Sat, 02 Apr 2005 20:30:56 GMT, "Sleepy" <nospam@here.com> wrote:

    >"Raymond Martineau" <bk039@ncf.ca> wrote in message
    >> Just like same post in Feburary, this is a general poll to see which games
    >> or game mods are still popular enough to be currently played. (We need
    >> something on-topic...)
    >
    >KotoR 2
    >then Kotor 1 (for the second time)
    >BiA
    >SW: Republic Commando
    >Starcraft - LAN multiplay
    >for online - Day of Defeat

    "Raymond Martineau" <bk039@ncf.ca> wrote in message
    > Just like same post in Feburary, this is a general poll to see which games
    > or game mods are still popular enough to be currently played. (We need
    > something on-topic...)
    >
    > You don't have to list absolutly everything you've looked at - just
    > something significant enough that you'd remember. Also, you don't have to
    > list games you hate, especially when you are embarrased to admit that you
    > played it. :)
    >
    > Games that are run through an emulated system such as Vice or Mame are
    > excluded. Thus, you can't list Bazooka Bill as one of the games you
    > played
    > and liked unless you've used an original Commodore 64.
    >
    > To get the ball rolling:
    > - Counter-Strike
    > - Day of Defeat
    > - Half-Life 2
    > - System Shock
    > - Team Fortress Classic
    > - Unreal Tournament 2004
    > - Worms Armageddeon
    >
    > One last thing - this is a flame free thread. Making unprovoked attacks
    > on
    > other people means that you do not play games at all.
    I played Syberia 2 and Far Cry.

    bk039@ncf.ca (Raymond Martineau) wrote:
    >Just like same post in Feburary, this is a general poll to see which games
    >or game mods are still popular enough to be currently played. (We need
    >something on-topic...)
    >
    >You don't have to list absolutly everything you've looked at - just
    >something significant enough that you'd remember. Also, you don't have to
    >list games you hate, especially when you are embarrased to admit that you
    >played it. :)
    >
    >Games that are run through an emulated system such as Vice or Mame are
    >excluded. Thus, you can't list Bazooka Bill as one of the games you played
    >and liked unless you've used an original Commodore 64.
    >
    >To get the ball rolling:
    >- Counter-Strike
    >- Day of Defeat
    >- Half-Life 2
    >- System Shock
    >- Team Fortress Classic
    >- Unreal Tournament 2004
    >- Worms Armageddeon
    >
    >One last thing - this is a flame free thread. Making unprovoked attacks on
    >other people means that you do not play games at all.

    Master of Orion.
    Age of Empires.
    Morrowind.
    Half Life.
    I tried giving Alien Legacy a try but it wouldn't detect the CD in E:

    Raymond Martineau wrote:
    > Just like same post in Feburary, this is a general poll to see which games
    > or game mods are still popular enough to be currently played. (We need
    > something on-topic...)
    >
    > You don't have to list absolutly everything you've looked at - just
    > something significant enough that you'd remember. Also, you don't have to
    > list games you hate, especially when you are embarrased to admit that you
    > played it. :)
    >
    > Games that are run through an emulated system such as Vice or Mame are
    > excluded. Thus, you can't list Bazooka Bill as one of the games you played
    > and liked unless you've used an original Commodore 64.
    >
    > To get the ball rolling:
    > - Counter-Strike
    > - Day of Defeat
    > - Half-Life 2
    > - System Shock
    > - Team Fortress Classic
    > - Unreal Tournament 2004
    > - Worms Armageddeon
    >
    > One last thing - this is a flame free thread. Making unprovoked attacks on
    > other people means that you do not play games at all.

    Painkiller Black Edition
    UT04
    CS:S

    ....both the latter single player & lan - hate getting slaughtered by
    foul-louthed 13yr olds online :-)

    --
    It's a bit of a jump isn't it? I mean, er, chartered accountancy to lion
    taming in one go.

    Digital Sheep wrote:

    > GEEKS. I just watched porn all March.

    noob - get two monitors and do both like us :-)

    --
    It's a bit of a jump isn't it? I mean, er, chartered accountancy to lion
    taming in one go.
    You don't think it might be better if you worked your way toward lion
    taming, say, via banking...

    Day of Defeat
    Worms 3D
    Vampire Bloodlines
    UT2004
    GTA Vice City
    HL2
    SWAT4 demo

    "Mr. Stabby" <control_z@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    - finished off Far Cry
    - some Far Cry home grown SP maps
    - Brothers in Arms
    - Riddick demo
    - Splinter Cell 3 demo
  18. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    Sticking to my Favs: played the following
    Call Of Duty - FarCry - BF1942 - Halo - Men Of Valor - Star Wars
    Battlefront
  19. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    stePH wrote:
    > bk039@ncf.ca (Raymond Martineau) wrote
    >
    >> Games that are run through an emulated system such as Vice or Mame
    >> are excluded. Thus, you can't list Bazooka Bill as one of the games
    >> you played and liked unless you've used an original Commodore 64.
    >
    > I guess I can't list Final Fantasy then (NES emulated on PC.)
    > I'm out; I haven't played any other games in March.

    Same here, but I'm playing the PSone game Vagrant Story instead (ePSXe
    emulated on PC) and damn it Ashley Riot, I can't stop it.

    I liked it a whole lot when it first came out but had never actually beaten
    it - it's not an easy game by any means, but it is oh so good and it just
    keeps getting better (and harder).

    It's by far the best game Square ever put out (sorry FF fanbois :) Only
    Chrono Trigger comes close, I think.

    But that's another story and we're *way* off topic here already.
  20. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    The furthest I ever reached was where Ashley finds the Damascus
    Workshop - it was well over 50% complete...
    Thanks for reminding me about VS, I still have the save file somewhere
    on a memory card and try to complete it once and for all.

    Vagrant Story is still one of the greatest action RPGs of all time imo
  21. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    i dont have time anymore, just mtg: duel of the plainswalkers for me.
    solitaire
    action whilst on the bus to and from work.

    BuckFush wrote:
    > stePH wrote:
    >> bk039@ncf.ca (Raymond Martineau) wrote
    >>
    >>> Games that are run through an emulated system such as Vice or Mame
    >>> are excluded. Thus, you can't list Bazooka Bill as one of the games
    >>> you played and liked unless you've used an original Commodore 64.
    >>
    >> I guess I can't list Final Fantasy then (NES emulated on PC.)
    >> I'm out; I haven't played any other games in March.
    >
    > Same here, but I'm playing the PSone game Vagrant Story instead (ePSXe
    > emulated on PC) and damn it Ashley Riot, I can't stop it.
    >
    > I liked it a whole lot when it first came out but had never actually
    > beaten it - it's not an easy game by any means, but it is oh so good
    > and it just keeps getting better (and harder).
    >
    > It's by far the best game Square ever put out (sorry FF fanbois :)
    > Only Chrono Trigger comes close, I think.
    >
    > But that's another story and we're *way* off topic here already.
  22. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 00:54:35 GMT, "BuckFush" <notmyre@laddress.com>
    wrote:

    >But that's another story and we're *way* off topic here already.

    I played WoW in march. That's the only computer game I played in
    March. And it was time not well spent. 20% customer satisfaction
    rating.

    I played KOTOR 2 in February. Decent game, hopeless game engine. 60%
    customer satisfaction rating.

    I played no computer game in January. 0% customer satisfaction rating.

    I'm playing n computer game in April. 0% customer satisfaction rating.

    Damn. I'm one unhappy customer. I wonder if I even count as a customer
    anymore? I mean, I'm not 12... and I don't like console games... and I
    haven't played a game worthy of a 90% review score since 1999. What's
    the deal?
  23. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    Thrasher <spectre911@hotmail.com> once tried to test me with:

    > On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 00:54:35 GMT, "BuckFush" <notmyre@laddress.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>But that's another story and we're *way* off topic here already.
    >
    > I played WoW in march. That's the only computer game I played in
    > March. And it was time not well spent. 20% customer satisfaction
    > rating.
    >
    > I played KOTOR 2 in February. Decent game, hopeless game engine. 60%
    > customer satisfaction rating.
    >
    > I played no computer game in January. 0% customer satisfaction rating.
    >
    > I'm playing n computer game in April. 0% customer satisfaction rating.

    You could go play EQ2 and get a 30% customer satisfaction rating and
    experience the joy of another endless grind ala EQ1.

    > Damn. I'm one unhappy customer. I wonder if I even count as a customer
    > anymore? I mean, I'm not 12... and I don't like console games... and I
    > haven't played a game worthy of a 90% review score since 1999. What's
    > the deal?

    The "deal" is that you're a jaded gamer. You've seen it all, and done it
    all. Nothing will please you, because your standards are so high that
    nothing can. When you're only satisified with the top 1% of games ever
    released, you're going to be disappointed a hell of a lot of the time.

    But hey, at least there's USENET. You can always come bitch here.

    Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.
  24. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    bk039@ncf.ca (Raymond Martineau) writes:

    > Just like same post in Feburary, this is a general poll to see which games
    > or game mods are still popular enough to be currently played. (We need
    > something on-topic...)

    Far Cry, Chrome, Kotor2, X-Wing.
  25. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    On Fri, 01 Apr 2005 22:27:38 -0500, bk039@ncf.ca (Raymond Martineau) wrote:

    And now, for the results. They are a bit skewed since I only posted the
    poll on the action group, but here they are:

    (8: Half-Life 2 Based games)
    (6: Half-Life Based games)
    (6: Half-Life Official series)
    6: Far Cry
    5: Half-Life 2
    (4: Star Wars: KOTOR series)
    4: Unreal Tournament 2004
    3: Brothers in Arms
    3: Day of Defeat
    3: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2
    3: Swat 4 (Demo)
    (2: Battlefield 1942 Based games)
    2: Chronicals of Riddick (all demo)
    2: Counter-Strike: Source
    2: Freedom Force vs the Third Reich
    2: Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
    2: Halo
    2: Hearts of Iron 2
    2: Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory (1 demo)
    2: Star Wars: Republic Commando
    2: World of Warcraft
    (2: Worms Series)
    (2: X-Com Series)

    - Age of Empires
    - America's Army
    - Battlefield 1942
    - Battlefield 1942: Desert Combat mod
    - Call of Duty
    - Chrome
    - Counter-Strike
    - Crusader Kings
    - Doom 3
    - Evil Genius
    - Half-Life
    - Half-Life 2 Substance Mod
    - Lego Star Wars
    - Joint Ops + Escalation
    - Magic The Gathering: Duel of the Plainswalkers
    - Master of Orion
    - Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault
    - Men of Valor
    - Morrowwind
    - Painkiller (Black Edition)
    (- Playboy: The Mansion - hey, someone said that they watched porn... :)
    - Prince of Persia: Warrior Within (1 demo)
    - Project Snowblind
    - Rome: Total War
    - Silent Hunter 3
    - "Solitaire"
    - Starcraft
    - Star Wars: Battlefront
    - Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
    - Star Wars: X-Wing
    - Strategic Command
    - Syberia 2
    - System Shock
    - Team Fortress Classic
    - Unreal 2
    - Vampire Bloodlines
    - Worms Armageddeon
    - Worms 3D

    (Items in parenthesis are either not official, sub-totals of moddable
    games, or sub-totals of games in the same series. Aggregate totals may
    include games form the same person multiple times, and thus can be skewed.)

    Lessons learned: use a better tabulation system, and crosspost to the other
    CSIPG groups. :)
  26. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    Thusly Thrasher <spectre911@hotmail.com> Spake Unto All:

    >I played KOTOR 2 in February.

    The imposter strikes again?

    I don't exactly remember the deal, but didn't Thrasher (the real one)
    refuse to play KOTOR?

    Anyway, if this is the real thrasher: Play KOTOR instead. It's a
    better game than KOTOR2, although the graphics are identical.

    The engine is the one from Neverweiner Nights by the way. Explains a
    lot, doesn't it.
  27. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    ["Followup-To:" header set to comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg.]
    On 2005-04-09, Thrasher <spectre911@hotmail.com> wrote:
    > On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 00:54:35 GMT, "BuckFush" <notmyre@laddress.com>
    > wrote:

    > Damn. I'm one unhappy customer. I wonder if I even count as a customer
    > anymore? I mean, I'm not 12... and I don't like console games... and I
    > haven't played a game worthy of a 90% review score since 1999. What's
    > the deal?

    You can always STOP playing PC games and move onto other hobbies
    like fishing or ice sculpting.
  28. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    shadows wrote:

    >["Followup-To:" header set to comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg.]
    >On 2005-04-09, Thrasher <spectre911@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >

    >>On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 00:54:35 GMT, "BuckFush" <notmyre@laddress.com>
    >>wrote:
    >>

    >>Damn. I'm one unhappy customer. I wonder if I even count as a customer
    >>anymore? I mean, I'm not 12... and I don't like console games... and I
    >>haven't played a game worthy of a 90% review score since 1999. What's
    >>the deal?
    >>

    >You can always STOP playing PC games and move onto other hobbies
    >like fishing or ice sculpting.

    Or just come here and criticize others.
  29. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    Thrasher <spectre...@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >I haven't played a game worthy of a 90% review score since 1999.
    ---

    Just out of interest - what game was that?
  30. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    Thrasher <spectre...@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >I haven't played a game worthy of a 90% review score since 1999.
    ---

    Just out of interest - what game was that?
  31. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    Nov: CoH
    Dec: EQ 2
    Jan: EQ 2
    Feb: EQ 2
    Mar: EQ 2
    Apr: WoW
    Last played game I'd give a 90%+ ... Kotor (played it in Xbox). Last
    played PC game I'd give a 90%+ ... City of Heroes

PC gaming Games IBM Video Games