Sign in with
Your question

Hardrive Partition Question

Last response: in Storage
August 4, 2002 6:37:57 AM

Hey y'all. I jus wanna know something. i have an 60gb hardrive partitioned to both 30 gb, so my c drive is 30gb adn my d drive is 30gb. well i have all my data on my d drive. and i wanted to know if i can put my 60gb hardrive into my new computer and transfer all my data from my d drive onto my new computers hardrive which is a 80gb. i know i would have to reinstall win xp on the c drive, because im settign up my 60gb as my primary master, but would i have to re partition and lose all my data on my d drive partition?
August 4, 2002 8:41:31 AM

Nope. You shouldn't have any problems with that, unless there are programs or installations on it particular to your old C: partition config.

<b><font color=blue>~ BIOS SETTINGS: Fast, Hot, Unstable...That ought to work. ~</font color=blue></b> :wink:
August 4, 2002 8:11:27 PM

ok thanks for the reply. i am going to try it when i get my new computer and hope it works.
Related resources
August 5, 2002 2:00:26 AM

btw... just reember that its best to have your OS on the fastest (newest) drive.

<b>Before visiting THG i was a clueless noob. Now im still clueless, but look at my nice title!<b>
August 5, 2002 8:29:01 AM

ok, thanks for the advice
!