Why won't my Wireless Base Station (MN-500) talk to my HP ..

I just a bought a wireless base station-b (Microsoft MN-
500)to use with my HP Pavilion (zx5000 for my office). On
this machine, I have a Broadcom 54g wireless adpater.

I am connecting this base station to my home network in
order that I have wireless access when I bring the
Pavilion home.

I have installed the base station and it sees my current
home network adapter but does not see my Broadcom
wireless adapter. This option is greyed out when trying
to access my wireless connection via Microsoft Broadband
Network Utility.

The strange thing is that wireless network that I have
created shows up as "avaiable" on my Pavilion, but I
can't access it.

How do I get the base station to recognize the wireless
adapter? Any suggestions.

gary

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

The MN-500 will have to be set up as a bridge. see
http://www.microsoft.com/WindowsXP/expertzone/columns/bowma
n/segnet.asp
Go down to the section on setting up the 500 as a bridge.
Make sure you do a hard base station reset before you
start.

bill

Call the 7-24 help line - They are great.