HalfLife2 stuck...

Fish

I'm at a point after the boat (I just destroyed the helicopter) and I am
with a female doctor who is letting me down an elevator. She opens the door
and I step in and thats it. The elevator button doesn't work, she wont'
speak to me and there is nothing else to do

What's up?

Kent_Diego

> I'm at a point after the boat (I just destroyed the helicopter) and I am
> with a female doctor who is letting me down an elevator. She opens the
> door and I step in and thats it. The elevator button doesn't work, she
> wont' speak to me and there is nothing else to do
>
> What's up?
This is called the AI bug.
I had a few AI issues like that. I fixed by making <game
dir>hl2\cfg\autoexec.cfg file with following line in it:
ai_norebuildgraph "1",
Re-start game and everything will work.

-Kent

"Kent_Diego" <None@Nomicrosoft.com> wrote:

>ai_norebuildgraph "1",

You can also just type this line in the console. Sometimes quick
saving/loading helps too.

Joe

Max

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2003

On Sat, 2 Apr 2005 21:43:51 -0500, "fish" <fish@email.com> wrote:

>I'm at a point after the boat (I just destroyed the helicopter) and I am
>with a female doctor who is letting me down an elevator. She opens the door
>and I step in and thats it. The elevator button doesn't work, she wont'
>speak to me and there is nothing else to do
>
>What's up?

It's a bug. It worked fine for me. Try asking at
www.steampowered.com and click "Forum" at the top.

Tim

"max" <maxicon13@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> On Sat, 2 Apr 2005 21:43:51 -0500, "fish" <fish@email.com> wrote:
>
>> The elevator button doesn't work, she wont'
>>speak to me and there is nothing else to do
>>
>>What's up?
>>
> It's a bug. It worked fine for me. Try asking at
> www.steampowered.com and click "Forum" at the top.

Doesn't DX9c feature DirectSmell? Fish's breath might be prompting the
doctor's silence (also known as the "fishbreath bug").