V525 to V600 Firmware Upgrade & subsidy code

Tags:
Last response: in Brands
Share
May 12, 2004 11:32:46 PM

After spending some time last night looking for a way to unlock my V525 I
stumbled upon the articles relating to reflashing the V525 to V600. Before I
start, the reflash process worked, there is a problem, but I'm pleased with
the end result. I have a couple of questions though:-

1. I did read that depending on the age of the V525 the reflash may cause
the camera not to work, I checked and mine seemed to be Ok. However the
camera does not work any more which doesn't worry too much, but is anyone
aware of a possible fix or a later firmware update?

2. I was expecting the reflash to make the phone unlocked, however I'm still
being asked for the Subsidy Code, is there any software that will either
unlock the phone or generate a subsidy code?

As I said the upgrade is good, it removes all the Vodafone Live bits &
pieces, and the UI is nicer.

Cheers
Anonymous
May 14, 2004 10:56:49 AM

this is because ur phone is locked to a network provider, to remove this
:

download P2Kman > install & run it > remove file :
a/mobile/system/secure_pds_init
go to remove the message from the phone (preferences).

and then all ok ;)

--
D.O.N.Z.E.E.
http://cellphoneforums.netView this thread: http://cellphoneforums.net/t121504.html

Thanks for the update, after a little searching I found P2Kman,
unfortunately when I connect to the phone there is file:-

a/mobile/system/secure_pds_init

I can see the directory but this file doesn't exist, I've also search all
other directories, no such file exist.

Thanks

"D.O.N.Z.E.E." <D.O.N.Z.E.E..168vq2@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote in
message news:D .O.N.Z.E.E..168vq2@nospam.cellphoneforums.net...