V525 to V600 Firmware Upgrade & subsidy code

After spending some time last night looking for a way to unlock my V525 I
stumbled upon the articles relating to reflashing the V525 to V600. Before I
start, the reflash process worked, there is a problem, but I'm pleased with
the end result. I have a couple of questions though:-

1. I did read that depending on the age of the V525 the reflash may cause
the camera not to work, I checked and mine seemed to be Ok. However the
camera does not work any more which doesn't worry too much, but is anyone
aware of a possible fix or a later firmware update?

2. I was expecting the reflash to make the phone unlocked, however I'm still
being asked for the Subsidy Code, is there any software that will either
unlock the phone or generate a subsidy code?

As I said the upgrade is good, it removes all the Vodafone Live bits &
pieces, and the UI is nicer.

Cheers
2 answers Last reply
More about v525 v600 firmware upgrade subsidy code

    this is because ur phone is locked to a network provider, to remove this
    :

    download P2Kman > install & run it > remove file :
    a/mobile/system/secure_pds_init
    go to remove the message from the phone (preferences).

    and then all ok ;)

    --
    D.O.N.Z.E.E.
    http://cellphoneforums.netView this thread: http://cellphoneforums.net/t121504.html

    Thanks for the update, after a little searching I found P2Kman,
    unfortunately when I connect to the phone there is file:-

    a/mobile/system/secure_pds_init

    I can see the directory but this file doesn't exist, I've also search all
    other directories, no such file exist.

    Thanks

    "D.O.N.Z.E.E." <D.O.N.Z.E.E..168vq2@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote in
    message news:D.O.N.Z.E.E..168vq2@nospam.cellphoneforums.net...

    > this is because ur phone is locked to a network provider, to remove this
    > :
    >
    > download P2Kman > install & run it > remove file :
    > a/mobile/system/secure_pds_init
    > go to remove the message from the phone (preferences).
    >
    > and then all ok ;)
    >

    > --
    > D.O.N.Z.E.E.
    > http://cellphoneforums.netView this thread: