good inexpensive audio interface / control surface ?

Last response: in Home Audio
August 21, 2004 7:04:52 PM

I'm looking for a combination audio interface / control surface that I
can use with both my desktop & laptop, with Cakewalk, Sonic, or other
popular multitracking software. I'm looking to spend $500 or less if
possible (but if something costs a little more but does the job I'd
like to hear about it)

Is there anything similiar to the
Tascam US-428 USB Digital Audio Workstation Controller $400
or
Tascam US-224 Master Fader USB Interface $300
but with 6 or more simultaneous ins, and at least 8 faders?
Also the above units only let you assign the pan control to only one
channel at a time, I'd really like a dedicated pan pot for each mixer
channel if possible.
Also I would prefer something not powered by the USB bus.

Any suggestions most appreciated...
thanks
Anonymous
August 22, 2004 4:56:39 AM

Archived from groups: alt.music.4-track,rec.audio.pro (More info?)

Hey Mad Jr,

After reading the posts of people with a combined experience of probably
100 years, the best thing going right now, for price/QUAlity/FEATURES is
this:

All from Ebay: (except Behringer - too new)

1.) Mackie 1202 VLZ Pro mixer - MAKE SURE IT'S NEWER with XDR PREAMPS
2.) Brand new Behringer BCA2000 24/96 audio, midi controller with cubase
presets, millions of features:
http://www.behringer.com/BCA2000/index.cfm?lang=ENG
3.) SM57 mic - quality for vocals or instruments or Rodes MKII
4.) Cubase SXII

In fact, if you trust the Behringer mic pre's, and they are probably
more than sufficient, you could skip the Mackie mixer.

And your are done!

Oh..just saw this - IMAX films recorded using the Mackie VLZ Pro :)

http://www.prorec.com/prorec/pressrel.nsf/articles/395D...
98C0037F44E
!