Sign in with
Your question

Can we change windows 7 home basic to ultimate in sony vaio model vpceh15en

Last response: in Windows 7
April 26, 2012 10:48:07 AM

Hii..i want to change my windows from home basic to ultimate.so what is the pocedure to change?my model is sony vaio,VPCEH15EN/w.
a b $ Windows 7
April 26, 2012 12:06:44 PM

you can purchase upgrade disk and go from home basic to home premium. to have to the highest version you have to buy a new license (more expensive)
m
l
Related resources
June 20, 2012 2:34:45 PM

alvine said:
you can purchase upgrade disk and go from home basic to home premium. to have to the highest version you have to buy a new license (more expensive)

Any other alternative than buying a upgrade disk? Can i uninstall windows 7 home basic and re-install windows 7 ultimate on sony vaio, as we do it for Dell Laptops?
m
l
a c 232 $ Windows 7
June 20, 2012 4:03:37 PM

If you have all the necessary vaio drivers, then you can wipe the drive and install win 7 ultimate.
m
l
June 22, 2012 7:12:08 AM

Thanks for your reply. But my confusion still persists.

I heard that any pirated cds does not work in sony vaio. is it correct?

Another concern:
I need to check whether client is using win 7 (64-bit) or win 7 (32-bit) on her Laptop. I have win 7 (32-bit) disk with me which i have planned to install on her laptop.

Problem is:
if she is using 64-bit, she must be having vaio drivers disk for 64-bit. and if i will install win 7 32-bit, then finding vaio drivers accordingly from net will be difficult. Will it not be?

I hope i am able to put forward my point.

Please help!!!
m
l
July 2, 2012 10:11:02 AM

please help!! any valuable suggestions!!
m
l
a c 232 $ Windows 7
July 2, 2012 12:21:46 PM

Shikhapg said:

I heard that any pirated cds does not work in sony vaio. is it correct?

We can't help with piarated software.
m
l
a c 416 $ Windows 7
July 2, 2012 1:05:40 PM

There isn't a Windows Anytime Upgrade to Windows 7 Ultimate from Home Basic. You would have to purchase a Windows 7 Ultimate Upgrade or full version then use then use the product key and the Anytime Upgrade Window in Home Basic to upgrade to Ultimate.The product must also be genuine that you are installing it on.
m
l
!