'Games overtake music' for US men

shawk

Andrew wrote:

Yup. Average age in AGHL is over 40. Pretty surprised to see the age
of some of the posters in there.

--
It's a bit of a jump isn't it? I mean, er, chartered accountancy to lion
taming in one go.

Andrew

On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 18:03:38 +0100, Shawk <shawk@clara.co.uk.3guesses>
wrote:

>Yup. Average age in AGHL is over 40. Pretty surprised to see the age
>of some of the posters in there.

I think that says as much about the Usenet population as it does
gamers. I think most kids prefer web forums where they can spray
animated gif's around.

Knight37 wrote:

> Andrew <spamtrap@localhost.> once tried to test me with:
>
> > http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4423365.stm
>
> Bah. I just means we download our MP3's and buy our games and movies.
> ;)

Exactly, anyone over 30 is well and truly sick of wasting money on cd's
just to get 1 or 2 decent songs.

--
DalienX

DalienX wrote:
> Knight37 wrote:
>
> > Andrew <spamtrap@localhost.> once tried to test me with:
> >
> > > http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4423365.stm
> >
> > Bah. I just means we download our MP3's and buy our games and
movies.
> > ;)
>
> Exactly, anyone over 30 is well and truly sick of wasting money on
cd's
> just to get 1 or 2 decent songs.

I think a more likely theory is that the kids who were playing games 10
or 20 years ago have kept on playing and are now in the older age
group.
Video gaming didn't exist in the same way for our parents or
grandparents when they were young, so they never got into it then.