Which sound card?? PAE, GTXP, Audigy or Cruz???

dives41

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2002
I know this has probably been asked countless times before, but I need some guidance here for my system. It's mainly a game system and I recently purchased Logitech's Z560 4.1 Speakers. Which card would you recomend PAE, GTXP, Audigy or Cruz?

Thanks

2.26 Ghz P4
512 PC 2700 DDR Mem
Geforce4 Ti4400
Logitech Z560 4.1 Speakers

jc14all

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2001
I'll second the TBSC.

<font color=purple><b>An average human brain weights aprox. 3lbs., but a thought weights a load.</font color=purple></b>

williamc

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2002
I'll 1st the GTXP, its like a Santa Cruz with a breakout box and FULL custom version of Power DVD. ooooooOOOOOooooo ahhhhh....

I currently use the GTXP and Klipsh Z-560's on my own system and love it. For playing CD's i recommend plugging a discman into the RCA L/R inputs for the best quality playback. Coolplayer seems to work best for MP3's on that setup. The included PowerDVD w/GTXP rocks with it.

The itsy bitsy spider climbed up the empires state building, along came goblin, wiped the spider out

slickstaa

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2002
Ive got the TBSC and love it, but this communtity is especially harsh on anything from creative. The audigy is a nice card as well.

<font color=blue> If it ain't broke, don't fix it...tweak it.</font color=blue>

TWC

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2001
I picked up an Acoustic Edge for $50.00 last week and I'm very happy with it. Can't imagine theres any better.

"I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints."

williamc

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2002
the problem with most people is they get one card...like it...so they automatically propagandize it as the best thing around.

There is always something better...

The itsy bitsy spider climbed up the empires state building, along came goblin, wiped the spider out

TWC

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2001
Did'nt say it was the best around, just that I doubt the TBSC or the XP are really any better. Certainly naught at that price. Do you go out and buy three different soundcards just so you can give an educated opinion as to which is clearly the best?

williamc

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2002
actually...yes, i've tried the Montego II, SB Live, Audigy, SC, and GTXP now, havnt tried the Phillps AE yet, i'm just satisfied with the GTXP... Thinking about trying a Terratec 6Fire Pro card now for music.

TWC

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2001
wow, sounds like you got money to burn, and a drawer full of soundcards your not using.

Oracle

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2002
I can take that Audigy of yours if you don't want it. Creative sound cards have always served me well.

<font color=red>A platform is not an oil rig.</font color=red>