Blocked UDP from same IP

jdog2pt0

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
I like to check my router logs every now and then, and though I don't remember when it started I've got this IP that keeps sending a UDP packed which my router (DIR-655) blocks.

Blocked incoming UDP packet from 58.97.8.145:2655 to 71.219.154.5:13007

It's occurring ever minute or so. It's some Thailand based IP. Basically what I want to know is if it's something I should be concerned about, or if it's the usual crap that stems from that part of the world. My IP changes every time I restart my DSL connection. Possible that it's just the IP I'm on currently? I'll have to see if it persists with an IP change.

Solution
As long as it's blocked and doesn’t escalate into a DOS (Denial of Service) attack, I wouldn’t worry about it. Even if we assume the worst, that's it a probe, they will soon tire and move on. There's a lot of this internet "noise" and not much you can do about it anyway.
As long as it's blocked and doesn’t escalate into a DOS (Denial of Service) attack, I wouldn’t worry about it. Even if we assume the worst, that's it a probe, they will soon tire and move on. There's a lot of this internet "noise" and not much you can do about it anyway.

Solution