presto

Distinguished
May 30, 2002

Just got this game with my 6600gt well as Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow. I
know Splinter cell should be a good game but is Prince of Persia worth
playing?

Turk

Distinguished
May 25, 2003

"PRESTO" <NOONE@NOONE.NET> wrote in message
> Just got this game with my 6600gt well as Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow.
> know Splinter cell should be a good game but is Prince of Persia worth
> playing?

Funny thing was that I got both those games with my 6800 and yet Splinter
Cell continues to say that my video card doesn't meet the minimum specs for
the game and won't play. Prince of Persia is cool if you like some action
platforming.

turk
--
"As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely,
the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great

"PRESTO" <NOONE@NOONE.NET> once tried to test me with:

> Just got this game with my 6600gt well as Splinter Cell Pandora
> Tomorrow. I know Splinter cell should be a good game but is Prince of
> Persia worth playing?

I don't know about Warrior Within but the Sands of Time game was superb. I
got it on my PS2 for Christmas and couldn't stop playing it. Very cool
action/puzzler, best since the original Tomb Raider if you ask me.
Hopefully Warrior Within kept the high standard. If you got it for free I'd
say it's definitely worth installing to check it out.

Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.

Knight37 <knight37m@email.com> wrote in

> I don't know about Warrior Within but the Sands of Time game was
> superb. I got it on my PS2 for Christmas and couldn't stop playing it.
> Very cool action/puzzler, best since the original Tomb Raider if you
> ask me. Hopefully Warrior Within kept the high standard. If you got it
> for free I'd say it's definitely worth installing to check it out.

Assuming no changes from the Xbox version, the backstory is considerably
more generic and the camera is a little less able. However, by and large,
it's excellent. It is a touch more combat-oriented than Sands of Time
(only a touch, though--still lots of jumping about), but that worked well
for my tastes.

Geo
--
George Mealer
geo*AT*snarksoft*DOT*com

"Alright, it's Saturday night...I have no date, a two-liter bottle
of Shasta, and my all-Rush mix tape. Let's rock!" -- Philip J. Fry

On Fri, 8 Apr 2005 18:55:48 -0700, "PRESTO" <NOONE@NOONE.NET> wrote:

>Just got this game with my 6600gt well as Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow. I
>know Splinter cell should be a good game but is Prince of Persia worth
>playing?

It's not a GREAT game, but PoP-WW does have its moments. I did curse
at some of the wonky camera angles at times, but on the whole I found
it to be rather fun. Its only compared to its predecessor that it
really fails - as many people have pointed out- the setting, music,
dialogue and general atmosphere- aren't as good as PoP-Sands of Time.
I wasn't that crazy about the new combat system but it is undeniably
better than that of its predecessor (as was immediately evident to me
when I replayed Sands of Time); on the other hand, I love the
running'n'jumping sequences, especially the part where you have to
"race" with the evil foozle.

So give it a try.