Radeon 8500le 128mb malfunctioning !?!

saintluk2

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2002
I recently bought the radeon 8500le card and it worked fine and everything, until 2 days ago. It started when i was tryin to reinstall win xp on hard drive(#2) from my other computer. Well, i opened my main computer, stuck in the hard drive #2 in slave mode, and the cable was very short so i had to place the hard drive on radeon card or else it would hang on the cable. So like 5 seconds after i placed the hard drive on the video card, my monitor screen became garbled. Now everytime i try to boot my comp with the radeon 8500le card the screen is garbled with the same pattern of orange rectangles and i guess my 190$ went down the drain =(. I tried to move the card around in its AGP slot but same thing. I never overclocked the thing either if that helps. Can anyone help me out as to what happen and if its reversable? is there a way to fix this ?

MY specs:

win xp home edition
p3 1000mgz
256 ram 133mgz
via 133 motherboard w/ newest 4in1 drivers
MAtrox 30 gig 7200rpm hard drive

THANKS !

saintluk2

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2002
Hey, I forgot to mention that the video card became like this, around 12 hours after I put in an older power supply that is rated at 200 watts. I have no idea if this has anything to do with the video card malfuntioning. As of right now im using a overclocked Hercules geforce 2 mx 64mb and it is working fine.