Doom 3 Expansion pack?

I heard Doom 3 Expansion pack is coming to the PC While ID brings Doom
3 to the X-Box. I played Doom 3 And have to say there are much better
FPS Games to play. Having great lighting effects in pitch darkness does
not qualify as a good game. Far Cry and Call of duty are 10 times
better games in every regard.

On 9 Apr 2005 12:56:27 -0700, SamuelF566@AOL.COM wrote:

>I heard Doom 3 Expansion pack is coming to the PC While ID brings Doom
>3 to the X-Box. I played Doom 3 And have to say there are much better
>FPS Games to play. Having great lighting effects in pitch darkness does
>not qualify as a good game. Far Cry and Call of duty are 10 times
>better games in every regard.

Chronicles of Riddick too.

Andrew

On Sat, 9 Apr 2005 22:54:17 -0400, "HockeyTownUSA"
<magma@killspam.comcast.net> wrote:

>"Aldwyn Edain" <ae@invalid.email> wrote in message
>> Oh, and Painkiller out-Dooms Doom3.
>
>Eh? Painkiller is nothing more than a glorified Serious Sam. If you haven't
>had the bejeezus scared out of you with Doom 3, then you're not playing it.
>Playing it with the lights on in the middle of the day is for woosies. Play
>it at night with the lights off with headphones or good surround sound and
>you'll be freaked out completely. Those damn whispers sent shivers up my
>spine. Painkiller is a shooter with massive amounts of enemies. Doom 3 is a
>ground-breaking scary experience.

So Aldwyn is right then. Doom was never all about scaring the bejebus
out of you, it had scary moments but the bulk of it was fragging fun,
which PK is a lot closer to. Give me PK over D3 any day.