O2 MMS....?

Tags:
Last response: in Brands
Share
May 16, 2004 1:50:35 PM

Anyone know the settings for MMS on my O2 MotoV600?

Any help would be appreciated :D

Thanks in advance folks :)

More about : mms

May 20, 2004 3:15:44 PM

"OffLine" <offl1n3@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Anyone know the settings for MMS on my O2 MotoV600?
>
> Any help would be appreciated :D
>

> Thanks in advance folks :)

O2 web-site threw up this, which may apply to V600.

Get Settings

If you have a Motorola T720i, you will need to follow these instructions to
manually enter the O2 Active settings into your handset.

Step 2 - Media Messaging settings

.. Whilst still in the Web Sessions menu, scroll to New entry and press
select and enter the following settings:
.. Name: O2 MMS
.. Homepage: http://mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk:8002
.. WAP IP 1: 193.113.200.195
.. WAP Port 1: 9201
.. GPRS APN: wap.o2.co.uk (enter this if you pay monthly) or
payandgo.o2.co.uk (if you have to top-up your phone)
.. User Name: o2wap (Pay Monthly users) or payandgo (Pay & Go users)
.. Password: password

.. Press Done and continue to press the left soft key until you return to the
phone's idle screen.
.. Select Menu Key (middle button underneath the display)
.. Scroll to Messages and press select
.. Scroll down to Message Setup and press select
.. Scroll down to MMS Message Setup and press select
.. Select Change and enter the following: . Retrieval: Automatic
.. Filter: (Leave blank)
.. Expire After: 99 days
.. Size Limit: 30 Kb

.. Select Server Info
.. Highlight an empty current server profile and press Menu Key
.. Select Edit and enter the following:
.. Service Name: O2 MMS
.. Server Name: http://mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk:8002

.. Press Done
.. Highlight O2 MMS and Press Select to set it as default.
.. Press Back
.. Press Done

You have now entered all the settings you need to use O2 Active
June 4, 2004 7:33:07 PM

Jim wrote:
> "OffLine" <offl1n3@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
>>Anyone know the settings for MMS on my O2 MotoV600?
>>
>>Any help would be appreciated :D
>>

>>Thanks in advance folks :)
>>

> O2 web-site threw up this, which may apply to V600.
>
> Get Settings
>
> If you have a Motorola T720i, you will need to follow these instructions to
> manually enter the O2 Active settings into your handset.
>
> Step 2 - Media Messaging settings
>
> . Whilst still in the Web Sessions menu, scroll to New entry and press
> select and enter the following settings:
> . Name: O2 MMS
> . Homepage: http://mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk:8002
> . WAP IP 1: 193.113.200.195
> . WAP Port 1: 9201
> . GPRS APN: wap.o2.co.uk (enter this if you pay monthly) or
> payandgo.o2.co.uk (if you have to top-up your phone)
> . User Name: o2wap (Pay Monthly users) or payandgo (Pay & Go users)
> . Password: password
>
> . Press Done and continue to press the left soft key until you return to the
> phone's idle screen.
> . Select Menu Key (middle button underneath the display)
> . Scroll to Messages and press select
> . Scroll down to Message Setup and press select
> . Scroll down to MMS Message Setup and press select
> . Select Change and enter the following: . Retrieval: Automatic
> . Filter: (Leave blank)
> . Expire After: 99 days
> . Size Limit: 30 Kb
>
> . Select Server Info
> . Highlight an empty current server profile and press Menu Key
> . Select Edit and enter the following:
> . Service Name: O2 MMS
> . Server Name: http://mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk:8002
>
> . Press Done
> . Highlight O2 MMS and Press Select to set it as default.
> . Press Back
> . Press Done
>
> You have now entered all the settings you need to use O2 Active

To be honest I'd use
https://secure.mouse2mobile.com/clients/hellomoto/defau... this will
actually SMS the details for the phone/network you want.

I have used this method its far simpler than doing it yourself

Regards

Martin
!