O2 MMS....?

Anyone know the settings for MMS on my O2 MotoV600?

Any help would be appreciated :D

Thanks in advance folks :)
2 answers Last reply
More about tomshardware

    "OffLine" <offl1n3@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Anyone know the settings for MMS on my O2 MotoV600?
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated :D
    >

    > Thanks in advance folks :)

    O2 web-site threw up this, which may apply to V600.

    Get Settings

    If you have a Motorola T720i, you will need to follow these instructions to
    manually enter the O2 Active settings into your handset.

    Step 2 - Media Messaging settings

    .. Whilst still in the Web Sessions menu, scroll to New entry and press
    select and enter the following settings:
    .. Name: O2 MMS
    .. Homepage: http://mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk:8002
    .. WAP IP 1: 193.113.200.195
    .. WAP Port 1: 9201
    .. GPRS APN: wap.o2.co.uk (enter this if you pay monthly) or
    payandgo.o2.co.uk (if you have to top-up your phone)
    .. User Name: o2wap (Pay Monthly users) or payandgo (Pay & Go users)
    .. Password: password

    .. Press Done and continue to press the left soft key until you return to the
    phone's idle screen.
    .. Select Menu Key (middle button underneath the display)
    .. Scroll to Messages and press select
    .. Scroll down to Message Setup and press select
    .. Scroll down to MMS Message Setup and press select
    .. Select Change and enter the following: . Retrieval: Automatic
    .. Filter: (Leave blank)
    .. Expire After: 99 days
    .. Size Limit: 30 Kb

    .. Select Server Info
    .. Highlight an empty current server profile and press Menu Key
    .. Select Edit and enter the following:
    .. Service Name: O2 MMS
    .. Server Name: http://mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk:8002

    .. Press Done
    .. Highlight O2 MMS and Press Select to set it as default.
    .. Press Back
    .. Press Done

    You have now entered all the settings you need to use O2 Active

    Jim wrote:
    > "OffLine" <offl1n3@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>Anyone know the settings for MMS on my O2 MotoV600?
    >>
    >>Any help would be appreciated :D
    >>

    >>Thanks in advance folks :)
    >>

    > O2 web-site threw up this, which may apply to V600.
    >
    > Get Settings
    >
    > If you have a Motorola T720i, you will need to follow these instructions to
    > manually enter the O2 Active settings into your handset.
    >
    > Step 2 - Media Messaging settings
    >
    > . Whilst still in the Web Sessions menu, scroll to New entry and press
    > select and enter the following settings:
    > . Name: O2 MMS
    > . Homepage: http://mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk:8002
    > . WAP IP 1: 193.113.200.195
    > . WAP Port 1: 9201
    > . GPRS APN: wap.o2.co.uk (enter this if you pay monthly) or
    > payandgo.o2.co.uk (if you have to top-up your phone)
    > . User Name: o2wap (Pay Monthly users) or payandgo (Pay & Go users)
    > . Password: password
    >
    > . Press Done and continue to press the left soft key until you return to the
    > phone's idle screen.
    > . Select Menu Key (middle button underneath the display)
    > . Scroll to Messages and press select
    > . Scroll down to Message Setup and press select
    > . Scroll down to MMS Message Setup and press select
    > . Select Change and enter the following: . Retrieval: Automatic
    > . Filter: (Leave blank)
    > . Expire After: 99 days
    > . Size Limit: 30 Kb
    >
    > . Select Server Info
    > . Highlight an empty current server profile and press Menu Key
    > . Select Edit and enter the following:
    > . Service Name: O2 MMS
    > . Server Name: http://mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk:8002
    >
    > . Press Done
    > . Highlight O2 MMS and Press Select to set it as default.
    > . Press Back
    > . Press Done
    >
    > You have now entered all the settings you need to use O2 Active

    To be honest I'd use
    https://secure.mouse2mobile.com/clients/hellomoto/default.asp this will
    actually SMS the details for the phone/network you want.

    I have used this method its far simpler than doing it yourself

    Regards

    Martin

Motorola