Solved

Upgrade HP Pavilion ze4900 to windows 7

Is this possible? What drivers would I need?
12 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about upgrade pavilion ze4900 windows
  1. Best answer
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=228&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&product=500513

Go to this page and see the components found!

Check in the internet for latest available drivers, if you able to find them, then go for windows 7
  2. I afraid that your Hp pavilion may allow you to install windows 7 but it will be dead slow to use! better stick with XP! You can upgrade to sp3!
  3. Thanks for the help!
  4. How about marking Best answer!
  5. Best answer selected by etienne97.
  6. Yes,You can Install Windows 7 in your pc
    Like in my laptop
    it is a HP Ze4900 laptop.
    At first i find the drivers for the Wifi.
    So if you downloaded the drivers for the wifi.
    You can download the sound drivers.
    NOTE:
    I Downloaded The Vista Version of the Wifi.
    I Don't know what happened.
    But the driver works!
  7. Quote:
    Yes,You can Install Windows 7 in your pc
    Like in my laptop
    it is a HP Ze4900 laptop.
    At first i find the drivers for the Wifi.
    So if you downloaded the drivers for the wifi.
    You can download the sound drivers.
    NOTE:
    I Downloaded The Vista Version of the Wifi.
    I Don't know what happened.
    But the driver works!
  8. GUYS!! i need your help ..:(
    because eversince i reformat and made my os from xp to WINDOWS 7 i have problem with the direct X..The 3d acceleration,direct 3d were not available that i cant play a game anymore..

i need your help guys.pls do help me/:(
  9. GUYS!! i need your help ..:(
    because eversince i reformat and made my os from xp to WINDOWS 7 i have problem with the direct X..The 3d acceleration,direct 3d were not available that i cant play a game anymore..

i need your help guys.pls do help me/:(
  10. Quote:
    I afraid that your Hp pavilion may allow you to install windows 7 but it will be dead slow to use! better stick with XP! You can upgrade to sp3!

i just love it when peeps are so negative ....i'm running win 7 ultimate now on a celeron m 320 with only 512 megs ddr ram & zipping along faster than this POS ever did with xp.....just finished with an asus Eee pc 4 gig ssd & 1 gig ram & this laptop that should be"dead slow"will run circles around it
  11. etienne97 said:
    Is this possible? What drivers would I need?
  12. windows 7 runs great on the pavilion 4900 well mostly if u are just using it for web browsing and what not its great the only issue is video drivers
    the onboard video does not support DX 9 which is needed to run 7 so no 3d support but if you dont need that(which i dont i watch videos online no issues web stuff and office)

i know its kinda an old post but figured now that i have fount the reason i would let u all know

all and all it was a great upgrade for me computer is much much faster then when i had xp on here
Ask a new question

Read More

Drivers Windows 7 HP Pavilion