  • Modem
Last response: in Brands
Share
May 17, 2004 12:00:03 AM

I'm hoping someone can help me get this to work. I have a USB cable which
came with a driver and installed properly on Com4 as a Prolific USB to
Serial Bridge. I installed MPT, upgraded, live updated, and finally got it
to recognize the phone. The modem it installed is for a Motorola V. and
timeport. When I start the software, it recognized the phone (usually) in a
minute or so. I can dial calls using the software. WHen I try to use the
internet connection, a dial up provided by my cable modem provider (Optimum
Traveller) which I set to the proper modem, it opens the port, then says the
modem is in use by another application and closes.

When I go to multimedia studio to try to transfer a file, the phone comes up
empty, no folders, no files, and I can't transfer any file to the phone. I
can, however, using the address book function, copy my phone book to the
computer.

Anyone have any suggestions? HELP!

More about : motoroal phone tools v600

May 17, 2004 12:17:30 AM

An update: On other occasions, I got the dialer to send the phone number to
the phone, the phone displays "Calling" followed by the number, but doesn't
change the screen. When I manually dial the phone, that number answers with
a modem tone. I can't then connect the phone to the computer. These
symptoms change depending on the mood of the phone and computer!

Dave

"David" <dtcom@nospam.net> wrote in message
> I'm hoping someone can help me get this to work. I have a USB cable which
> came with a driver and installed properly on Com4 as a Prolific USB to
> Serial Bridge. I installed MPT, upgraded, live updated, and finally got
it
> to recognize the phone. The modem it installed is for a Motorola V. and
> timeport. When I start the software, it recognized the phone (usually) in
> minute or so. I can dial calls using the software. WHen I try to use the
> internet connection, a dial up provided by my cable modem provider
(Optimum
> Traveller) which I set to the proper modem, it opens the port, then says
the
> modem is in use by another application and closes.
>
> When I go to multimedia studio to try to transfer a file, the phone comes
up
> empty, no folders, no files, and I can't transfer any file to the phone.
> can, however, using the address book function, copy my phone book to the
> computer.
>
> Anyone have any suggestions? HELP!

Anonymous
May 17, 2004 5:29:19 AM

I have the same problem with my V400. I dont have a backup dialup
connection, but I do believe I can get that to work. Dont use
mobilephone tools to do that, instead, use windows dialup and choose
your phone as the modem. I have both the USB cable, and the serial
cable that I used to use on my V60. Both cables work fine for my phone.

I cant access my phone with the multimedia studio, and nobody in this
newsgroup seems to know how, or hasn't responded to either of my
previous requests for help on the subject. I have however, been able to
use the phones built in web browser to download ringtones, which are
nothing more than midi files, of which there are millions of them
floating around the internet for free download.

The ringtones I use on my phone are at http://www.lordshadowstar.com/tones/
Yes, I do also use the mp3's. Yes, that is my domain name and I do host
it myself.

Torrance
Related resources
May 17, 2004 7:54:07 PM

I can't get that to work either. Same problems!
"Torrance Bell" <starlite528@yah00.com> wrote in message
news:p zUpc.49795$em4.17073@newssvr29.news.prodigy.com...
> I have the same problem with my V400. I dont have a backup dialup
> connection, but I do believe I can get that to work. Dont use
> mobilephone tools to do that, instead, use windows dialup and choose
> your phone as the modem. I have both the USB cable, and the serial
> cable that I used to use on my V60. Both cables work fine for my phone.
>
> I cant access my phone with the multimedia studio, and nobody in this
> newsgroup seems to know how, or hasn't responded to either of my
> previous requests for help on the subject. I have however, been able to
> use the phones built in web browser to download ringtones, which are
> nothing more than midi files, of which there are millions of them
> floating around the internet for free download.
>
> The ringtones I use on my phone are at
http://www.lordshadowstar.com/tones/
> Yes, I do also use the mp3's. Yes, that is my domain name and I do host
> it myself.
>
> Torrance
Anonymous
June 6, 2004 4:40:13 PM

Unfortunately I don't have the answer, but I do have the same problem -
V400, serial cable that I used with my V60, Mobile Phone Tools version
2.21b - I can sync calendar and contacts fine but no folders shown for
the phone in mobile explorer.

Have you tried calling Motorola Tech Support already?

I'll let you know if I find anything out.

--
Hankjfc
http://cellphoneforums.netView this thread: http://cellphoneforums.net/t121976.html

David wrote:
> *I'm hoping someone can help me get this to work. I have a USB cable
> which
> came with a driver and installed properly on Com4 as a Prolific USB
> Serial Bridge. I installed MPT, upgraded, live updated, and finally
> got it
> to recognize the phone. The modem it installed is for a Motorola V.
> and
> timeport. When I start the software, it recognized the phone
> (usually) in a
> minute or so. I can dial calls using the software. WHen I try to
> use the
> internet connection, a dial up provided by my cable modem provider
> (Optimum
> Traveller) which I set to the proper modem, it opens the port, then
> says the
> modem is in use by another application and closes.
>
> When I go to multimedia studio to try to transfer a file, the phone
> comes up
> empty, no folders, no files, and I can't transfer any file to the
> phone. I
> can, however, using the address book function, copy my phone book to
> the
> computer.
>
> Anyone have any suggestions? HELP! *

Hey guys,
Are you still having the same issue? I dug the hell outta Google while
experiencing the same issue you guys seem to have. I'm using a v400
however. Either way, what I did was I basically kept on
troubleshooting. The first step would be to disable everything from
your start-up before installing (so basically uninstall the software,
go to "Start" --> "Run" --> "msconfig" --> go to the "startup" tab and
write down the name of every prog that is unchecked...then if you are
using XP, you can click on the "Disable All" button at the bottom and
then "OK," or if you are using any other ver of Windows, go back to the
General tab, make sure "selective startup" is chosen, and then uncheck
"load startup group items." Then when you click "OK," let Windows
reboot). Doing so will prevent programs conflicting in the install to
run, as you will have temporarilly disabled them. Once the install is
complete, go back into msconfig, select "Normal Startup," go to the
"Startup" tab, and uncheck all the programs that were initially
unchecked (if applicable). If this fails, I have TONS of
troubleshooting for you guys to try. So lemme kno :-) Feel free to
e-mail me at sashkoguard-cf@yahoo.com if I don't respond on here in a
timely fashion or wutever :-)

Alex

--