How to connect desktop to internet wirelessly?

I'm trying to connect my desktop to internet wirelessly without an ethernet cable, how do I do that? How do I check if I can actually do that?

I'm on windows 7 home premium with f1a55-m le motherboard
5 answers Last reply
More about connect desktop internet wirelessly
  1. You need a wireless router connected to your modem, and a wireless ethernet adapter installed on your desktop.
  2. eibgrad said:
    You need a wireless router connected to your modem, and a wireless ethernet adapter installed on your desktop.

Yeah I have a modem that gives internet to laptops and phones in the house but I can't do it for my desktop, how can check if my computer has wireless built in? I really don't want to plug in an ethernet cable.
  3. If you have a wireless network adapter, and it’s properly installed w/ its drivers, then you should see it listed under the Network Connections dialog (Windows key + R, type "ncpa.cpl" (no quotes) and hit enter). It’s probably named something like “Wireless Network Connection”.
  4. eibgrad said:
    If you have a wireless network adapter, and it’s properly installed w/ its drivers, then you should see it listed under the Network Connections dialog (Windows key + R, type "ncpa.cpl" (no quotes) and hit enter). It’s probably named something like “Wireless Network Connection”.

What if I have a wireless adapter in my computer already but I don't have the correct drivers? How do I check if I actually have a wireless adapter?
  5. If the wireless network adapter is there, physically, but the drivers are not installed (or installed incorrectly), it should still be listed under Device Manager, Network adapters (most likely w/ a yellow flag).

Windows key + R, type " devmgmt.msc " (no quotes) and hit enter.
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration Connection Desktops Internet Wireless Networking