Sign in with
Your question

How to connect desktop to internet wirelessly?

Last response: in Wireless Networking
July 30, 2012 8:47:19 AM

I'm trying to connect my desktop to internet wirelessly without an ethernet cable, how do I do that? How do I check if I can actually do that?

I'm on windows 7 home premium with f1a55-m le motherboard

More about : connect desktop internet wirelessly

July 30, 2012 3:13:24 PM

You need a wireless router connected to your modem, and a wireless ethernet adapter installed on your desktop.
m
l
July 30, 2012 5:57:49 PM

eibgrad said:
You need a wireless router connected to your modem, and a wireless ethernet adapter installed on your desktop.

Yeah I have a modem that gives internet to laptops and phones in the house but I can't do it for my desktop, how can check if my computer has wireless built in? I really don't want to plug in an ethernet cable.
m
l
Related resources
July 30, 2012 6:16:35 PM

If you have a wireless network adapter, and it’s properly installed w/ its drivers, then you should see it listed under the Network Connections dialog (Windows key + R, type "ncpa.cpl" (no quotes) and hit enter). It’s probably named something like “Wireless Network Connection”.
m
l
July 30, 2012 6:54:35 PM

eibgrad said:
If you have a wireless network adapter, and it’s properly installed w/ its drivers, then you should see it listed under the Network Connections dialog (Windows key + R, type "ncpa.cpl" (no quotes) and hit enter). It’s probably named something like “Wireless Network Connection”.

What if I have a wireless adapter in my computer already but I don't have the correct drivers? How do I check if I actually have a wireless adapter?
m
l
July 30, 2012 7:19:31 PM

If the wireless network adapter is there, physically, but the drivers are not installed (or installed incorrectly), it should still be listed under Device Manager, Network adapters (most likely w/ a yellow flag).

Windows key + R, type " devmgmt.msc " (no quotes) and hit enter.
m
l
!