Eval: Lavry Blue DAC vs RME PAD

Hi,
FYIW, I have used a RME PAD for A/D D/A for some times now for home
recording, and have recently replaced it with a Lavry Blue A/D D/A. The
results? Much, much better.

For both A/D and D/A the Lavry is more analog like, more fine details
come through, and is just a cleaner solution. Listening to favorite CD's
is a new experience, as (what it sounds like) a truer presentation of
what is in the disk is coming out.

No affiliation, but in the computer audio versus external box argument,
in this case the external box wins by a large margin.

More about eval lavry blue

    Joe wrote:

    > I have used a RME PAD for A/D D/A for some times now for home
    > recording

    A nice prosumer card from what, five years ago?

    > recently replaced it with a Lavry Blue A/D D/A. The
    > results? Much, much better.

    I would certainly hope so, given the difference in price and manufacturing date!

    I have used a 1974 Dodge W200 for some times now for towing things.

    And recently replaced it with a 2001 Ford F250 SuperDuty PowerStroke.

    The results? Much, much better.

    > No affiliation, but in the computer audio versus external box argument,
    > in this case the external box wins by a large margin.

    In my case, the Diesel wins by a large margin!

    I wouldn't expect these results to be any different in a million
    years. Glad to hear the Lavry is giving your ears a treat.

    Nathan Eldred
    http://www.atlasproaudio.com

    In article <2ov1biFept65U1@uni-berlin.de>, kurt@nv.net says...
    > I have used a 1974 Dodge W200 for some times now for towing things.
    >
    > And recently replaced it with a 2001 Ford F250 SuperDuty PowerStroke.

    I have used a 1993 head of iceberg lettuce for some times now for
    salads.

    And recently replaced it with a 2004 bag of organic Romaine.

    The results? Much, much bitter.

    --
    Jay Levitt |
    Wellesley, MA | Hi!

    Thanks for the sarcasm, guys, you are both very clever and funny.

    As I haven't seen many reviews I thought I'd share a small one.
    Sorry I bothered.

    Jay Levitt <jay+news@jay.fm> wrote:
    : In article <2ov1biFept65U1@uni-berlin.de>, kurt@nv.net says...
    :> I have used a 1974 Dodge W200 for some times now for towing things.
    :>

    Joe <joe@nospam.net> wrote in news:S6uWc.9266$54.135607@typhoon.sonic.net:

    > Thanks for the sarcasm, guys, you are both very clever and funny.
    >
    > As I haven't seen many reviews I thought I'd share a small one.
    > Sorry I bothered.

    Don't let the peanut gallery get your ire. They're just having fun.

    Remember that all engineers (myself included) are just little kids at
    heart.

    In article <Xns954ECD60A8EE6gulfjoehotmailcom@207.69.154.201>,
    gulfjoe@hotmail.com says...
    > Remember that all engineers (myself included) are just little kids at
    > heart.

    Are not.

    --

    "Jay Levitt" <jay+news@jay.fm> wrote in message
    > In article <Xns954ECD60A8EE6gulfjoehotmailcom@207.69.154.201>,
    > gulfjoe@hotmail.com says...
    > > Remember that all engineers (myself included) are just little kids at
    > > heart.
    >
    > Are not.

    Are too.
    --

    Neil Henderson
    Saqqara Records

    <neil.henderson@sbcglobal.netNOSPAM> wrote in message
    > "Jay Levitt" <jay+news@jay.fm> wrote in message
    > > In article <Xns954ECD60A8EE6gulfjoehotmailcom@207.69.154.201>,
    > > gulfjoe@hotmail.com says...
    > > > Remember that all engineers (myself included) are just little kids at
    > > > heart.
    > >
    > > Are not.
    >
    > Are too.

    D2