Doom3: anyone noticed how the enemies never have to reload?

Of course I'm referring to the enemies who use firearms (pistols, shotguns,
machine guns and chainguns). I've just noticed this, they just keep firing
and firing. Even Half Life's (the original) enemies had to reload! It's just
another reason not be impressed by Doom3 and another reason I won't be
buying the expansion pack. I'll probably wait off on buying QuakeIV until I
hear some feedback on it as well.
This coupled w/the fact that enemies can't seem to find me crouched under
stairways or in crawlspaces make me wonder if Doom3 was released before it
was actually done...

--
Remove nospam to email
4 answers Last reply

    On Tue, 12 Apr 2005, Doug wrote:

    > Of course I'm referring to the enemies who use firearms (pistols, shotguns,

    I didn't notice this in D3 because most probably I killed them before they
    needed to reload, but another thing that bugs me in FPS is that although
    the enemies fire tons of ammo at you, reloading or not ;), after you kill
    them they leave only one magazine or less. The same applies to NPC allies.

    On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 23:50:43 -0700, "Doug" <pigdos@nospamcharter.net>
    wrote:

    >This coupled w/the fact that enemies can't seem to find me crouched under
    >stairways or in crawlspaces make me wonder if Doom3 was released before it
    >was actually done...

    Playing Doom3 for the first time, I was really nervous about crawling
    around, as it felt very claustrophobic and intense. However, after a
    while I noticed that none of the enemies could in fact crawl, so they
    became a safe haven. They do "see" you, though, but they can't follow
    you. A wasted opportunity, really.

    /g00golster

    "g00golster" <g00golster@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 23:50:43 -0700, "Doug" <pigdos@nospamcharter.net>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>This coupled w/the fact that enemies can't seem to find me crouched under
    >>stairways or in crawlspaces make me wonder if Doom3 was released before it
    >>was actually done...
    >
    > Playing Doom3 for the first time, I was really nervous about crawling
    > around, as it felt very claustrophobic and intense. However, after a
    > while I noticed that none of the enemies could in fact crawl, so they
    > became a safe haven. They do "see" you, though, but they can't follow
    > you. A wasted opportunity, really.
    >
    > /g00golster

    Yeah, except for when you go around that corner and that crawl space opens
    up into a room with a baddie right there in your face.

    "Doug" <pigdos@nospamcharter.net> wrote:

    >Of course I'm referring to the enemies who use firearms (pistols, shotguns,
    >machine guns and chainguns). I've just noticed this, they just keep firing
    >and firing. Even Half Life's (the original) enemies had to reload! It's just
    >another reason not be impressed by Doom3 and another reason I won't be
    >buying the expansion pack. I'll probably wait off on buying QuakeIV until I
    >hear some feedback on it as well.
    >This coupled w/the fact that enemies can't seem to find me crouched under
    >stairways or in crawlspaces make me wonder if Doom3 was released before it
    >was actually done...

    Of course they don't have to reload! They're magical creatures send
    from hell. Satan is reloading for them, haven't you figured that out
    yet?
    The human enemies in HL1 en HL2 *do* have to reload because they are
    just human. Although there no empty clips lying around when you
    examine the dead bodies.
    I agree that if enemies could crouch, follow you into an air duct or
    something, it would add to the suspense, but I wont like that at all,
    I often hide in those places, and shoot the enemy in the foot, heh
    heh!

    W.

PC gaming Games Video Games