CD Burner Problems... Help!!!

soxfandoug

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2002
I have a Sony 32x burner. I had this installed in a system running an ECS K7S5A, and it worked great. I recently upgraded my mobo to the Soyo KT333 Dragon Ultra. Now, most of my burned audio CD's sound scratchy, with lots of static. And burned game CD's won't install correctly. I tried using a different IDE cable, with no difference. Do you think it is the mobo, or the burner? Any ideas? Thanks in advance for any help!

lakedude

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
On one hand since the burner is the same as before it should not be the source of the problem. On the other did you drop it or otherwise damage it??

Is DMA on?

Without more info my guess is that DMA got cut off in upgrade somehow. Good news for you if this is the problem as it can be fixed for free by just clicking the software on.

Give me fuel, give me fire, give me that which I desire.

lagger

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2001
are you using onboard sound chip ?? I recall seeing some issues with the cmi chips on the soyo's on the soyo mobo newsgroup if you have a sound card available disable onboard and install the card and see if that helps

<font color=red><b> cinnamon rolls arent really revenge </font color=red></b>

soxfandoug

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2002
I went into my device manager, and DMA is turned on for both of my IDE ports.

I have a Soundblaster Audigy Platinum card, and I have disabled the C-Media on board sound chip.